galaxy S2 GT-I9100 (4.0 custom + rooted ) MHL Micro usb to HDMI adapter problems

Darkspliter

Jul 10, 2013
Visit site
Hi there , a long while back , I had Custom Firmwared my Samsung galaxy S2 GT-I9100. It is now on 4.0.3 . It is also Rooted and what not. Any ways , Recently i Got the sixaxis controller app (To use my Ps3 controller on my Phone) and on it i use FPSE to play classic Games like crash , spyro , metal gear , ect. I also have GTA vice city and GTA III that i play with my Controller.

Get to the point :

I looked into A possibility of using my Android on my TV and connecting it up to use my Android on my TV. I found a MHL Micro usb to HDMI adapter in my Local store
( Scan Malta Scan Micro USB to HDMI Adaptor - Malta Shop for Laptops, Notebooks, Computers, Acer, Apple, Asus, Canon, Dell, HP, Sony - Acer Service Centre in Malta ) < there is the link to the exact one from the store.

Any ways , I get home and try to plug it up. Before you ask or tell me - YES i did plug in a power source into the adapter. Any ways , I plug my power in , Plug in my Android than Plug in my HDMI to my TV. I go onto Source and go to HDMI and i get nothing , just a blank screen. Nothing works. I check my settings and what not and everything is ok to what i can gather. Also my samsung Galaxy S2 is Charging because it is Plugged into the adapter which is plugged into a power source. So i know the power is working. do i have no display. Any suggestions ?

Scott Kenyon

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
You could have a bad adaptor. Also, I couldn't see how many pins the connector is. S2 requires a 5 pin mhl cable. This one may have 11 pins and not work.

Sent from my HTC One with MoDaCo.SWITCH Beta 8 using Mobile Nations mobile app

Darkspliter

Jul 10, 2013
Visit site
I'm not to sure about that. The usb micro pin does have 5 pins. As for the adapter not working , I think it does work. Why ? well because when I put my TV's source to HDMI without plugging in the phone , it has a big blank blue screen. As soon as i plug the adapter into my Android (with the HDMI and Power connected to it ifcourse) The TV goes Black , meaning it is picking up "something". Than if i pull it out , it goes blue again. Normally the TV goes blue when there is no Input being received. I tried it on a Different TV , and same concept but instead this other TV shows up "No Input . please check connection" , but when i plug the MHL adapter into the Phone , It goes Blank. So something is being sent over to the TV from this thing. Also , It charges my Phone to.

Scott Kenyon

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
I'm not to sure about that. The usb micro pin does have 5 pins. As for the adapter not working , I think it does work. Why ? well because when I put my TV's source to HDMI without plugging in the phone , it has a big blank blue screen. As soon as i plug the adapter into my Android (with the HDMI and Power connected to it ifcourse) The TV goes Black , meaning it is picking up "something". Than if i pull it out , it goes blue again. Normally the TV goes blue when there is no Input being received. I tried it on a Different TV , and same concept but instead this other TV shows up "No Input . please check connection" , but when i plug the MHL adapter into the Phone , It goes Blank. So something is being sent over to the TV from this thing. Also , It charges my Phone to.

Probably a bad adaptor. Try to exchange it.

Sent from my HTC One using Mobile Nations mobile app

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa