Has anyone gotten a wired Xbox controller to work with any Huawei devices?

AF420

Jun 29, 2020
Visit site
I'm using a PowerA Xbox One controller and trying to connect it to my Huawei P20 Pro using an OTG adapter. When I plug the controller in I don't get any power to the controller and the power light does not turn on. If I take it out and plug it into my PC it turns on straight away. I purchased a separate adapter that allows me to send more power to the controller as I thought it could be that the power output from my P20 Pro was not enough to power the controller, but I get nothing out of it then either. Again, if I use the second adapter and plug it into my PC I get power to my controller straight away.

I have also tried it on my partners P30 Lite but still, I get nothing.

I have ensured it is nothing to do with the cables or adpaters as I have tested other devices and they all work fine. I have contacted Huawei directly but they don't seem to be of much help (shock).

So my question is, has anyone ever managed to get a wired Xbox controller working on their Huawei devices? If so, how?

I just wanted to play some games on my phone but this has been way too much work for what it's worth.

AF420

Jun 29, 2020
Visit site
I contacted Huawei and they said they would email me with any information. I got an email from them last night saying that the controller should work by plugging it in but that I may have to use some remapping software to remap the keys. I installed a mapping app and an OTG checker to see if it recognised my controller and it doesn't even do that. Let alone being able to acutally re-map the keys. Looks like I'll be getting rid of my Huawei in a few months when I'm due an upgrade

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
karim174