Device won't encrypt?!?! Please help!

anointeddisaster

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
Hi All,

So I just rooted my device and put Ice Cream Sandwich on it. I needed this update so that I can access my work email account. However, my corporations policy requires that I encrypt my device via Google Device Policy. When I click to encrypt, it asks me to confirm my pin, and confirm that I want to encrypt. So after I confirm everything, it goes to a black screen with the green outline of the android robot then promptly reboots and goes back to normal. Immediately it tells me that I must encrypt to sync my account. What's going on? How can I get it to actually encrypt?

Any help appreciated!
Thanks

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Hi All,

So I just rooted my device and put Ice Cream Sandwich on it. I needed this update so that I can access my work email account. However, my corporations policy requires that I encrypt my device via Google Device Policy. When I click to encrypt, it asks me to confirm my pin, and confirm that I want to encrypt. So after I confirm everything, it goes to a black screen with the green outline of the android robot then promptly reboots and goes back to normal. Immediately it tells me that I must encrypt to sync my account. What's going on? How can I get it to actually encrypt?

Any help appreciated!
Thanks
Welcome to the forums!
First off, what device are you trying to encrypt? Give us the method. Are you in Settings?

anointeddisaster

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
So I have a Samsung Galaxy Exhibit 4G on Tmobile. I rooted it and put Ice Cream Sandwich on it. I have tried encrypt from the Google Device Policy app and from my Security and Privacy settings and I get the same result every time.

Golfdriver97

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
So I have a Samsung Galaxy Exhibit 4G on Tmobile. I rooted it and put Ice Cream Sandwich on it. I have tried encrypt from the Google Device Policy app and from my Security and Privacy settings and I get the same result every time.

You are encrypting through Settings?

Sent from a SlimROM S3.

anointeddisaster

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
Yes. From the settings menu. I also tried to do it through the Google Device Policy App (which ultimately redirects to the same utility the "Settings" tries to use).

Thanks so much!

Golfdriver97

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Yes. From the settings menu. I also tried to do it through the Google Device Policy App (which ultimately redirects to the same utility the "Settings" tries to use).

Thanks so much!

Not sure what else to suggest. Sounds like you are doing everything right.

Sent from a SlimROM S3.