What can I do to stop disappearing apps?

myTouchQ

Mar 1, 2014
Visit site
Got a secondhand phone (myTouch) on Ebay. 4.04, Cyanogenmod9, Trebuchet, rooted, some installed apps.

When I copy an installed app (say, Email) to the homescreen, I can configure it and use it, until I reboot, then the app icon disappears from the homescreen and the setup is lost.

When I download a new app from the market, I can configure it and use it, until I reboot, then the app disappears from the applications list.

What am I missing?
Thanks, Jack

Last edited by a moderator:

wizzrah

Retired Ambassador
Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
Re: Disappearing apps

Got a secondhand phone (myTouch) on Ebay. 4.04, Cyanogenmod9, Trebuchet, rooted, some installed apps.

When I copy an installed app (say, Email) to the homescreen, I can configure it and use it, until I reboot, then the app icon disappears from the homescreen and the setup is lost.

When I download a new app from the market, I can configure it and use it, until I reboot, then the app disappears from the applications list.

What am I missing?
Thanks, Jack

Have you tried using another launcher like Nova Launcher?

Sent from my AT&T One X running CodefireX ROM Android Version 4.4.

myTouchQ

Mar 1, 2014
Visit site

I tried your suggestion and dowmloaded Nova Launcher from Google Play. It installed ok. I rebooted, and Nova Launcher disappeared.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site

Have you tried a factory data reset?

dpham00, Android Central Moderator
Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk Pro

wizzrah

Retired Ambassador
Jul 27, 2013
Visit site

How about installing a different ROM?

Sent from my AT&T One X running CodefireX ROM Android Version 4.4.

myTouchQ

Mar 1, 2014
Visit site

That's something I have no experience with so I'll have to do some research. Can you recommend a ROM and a source for it? Thanks.