Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Disappearing apps

Got a secondhand phone (myTouch) on Ebay. 4.04, Cyanogenmod9, Trebuchet, rooted, some installed apps.

When I copy an installed app (say, Email) to the homescreen, I can configure it and use it, until I reboot, then the app icon disappears from the homescreen and the setup is lost.

When I download a new app from the market, I can configure it and use it, until I reboot, then the app disappears from the applications list.

What am I missing?
    Thanks, Jack

Global Posts
    3,975 Global Posts
    ROM
    Phoenix 1.6 Sense 5 4.2.2

Default Re: Disappearing apps

Quote Originally Posted by myTouchQ View Post
    Got a secondhand phone (myTouch) on Ebay. 4.04, Cyanogenmod9, Trebuchet, rooted, some installed apps.

When I copy an installed app (say, Email) to the homescreen, I can configure it and use it, until I reboot, then the app icon disappears from the homescreen and the setup is lost.

When I download a new app from the market, I can configure it and use it, until I reboot, then the app disappears from the applications list.

What am I missing?
    Thanks, Jack
    Have you tried using another launcher like Nova Launcher?

Sent from my AT&T One X running CodefireX ROM Android Version 4.4.
    “Knowing how to think empowers you far beyond those who know only what to think.” - Neil deGrasse Tyson

In September of 2014 comes the greatest tool to modify almost any HTC phone. Unlock bootloader, flash recovery, root, and more. Open sourced, powerful, powered by the cloud via SSL, and best of all, it's 100% free. All built by me. Get ready to rock!

3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

I tried your suggestion and dowmloaded Nova Launcher from Google Play. It installed ok. I rebooted, and Nova Launcher disappeared.

Have you tried a factory data reset?

dpham00, Android Central Moderator
    Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk Pro
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Yes, thanks
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Yes, I tried data reset, didn't work.

Global Posts
    3,975 Global Posts
    ROM
    Phoenix 1.6 Sense 5 4.2.2

How about installing a different ROM?

Sent from my AT&T One X running CodefireX ROM Android Version 4.4.
    “Knowing how to think empowers you far beyond those who know only what to think.” - Neil deGrasse Tyson

In September of 2014 comes the greatest tool to modify almost any HTC phone. Unlock bootloader, flash recovery, root, and more. Open sourced, powerful, powered by the cloud via SSL, and best of all, it's 100% free. All built by me. Get ready to rock!

8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

That's something I have no experience with so I'll have to do some research. Can you recommend a ROM and a source for it? Thanks.