How to access deleted photos from "photos" app?

Marguerite Floyd

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
I accidently deleted some photos from my Samsung Android 4.0.4. How can I get them back, or is it too late?

Thank you!!

Last edited by a moderator:

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Re: accessing photos from "photos" that were deleted

Welcome to Android Central :)
If you deleted them from your gallery, it's highly unlikely that you'll be able to retrieve them. Sorry :-\

Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SlimKat 4.4.2

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site

Um, how would I know if I deleted them from the Gallery???

Well, what do you mean you deleted them by accident? From your photos in the phone or when connected to a PC?

Marguerite Floyd

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site

I sent them to my gmail account and deleted them from the phone. Then, in a weird turn of events, they got deleted in gmail, too.

BUT when I open FOAP to upload pictures to foap.com, it gives me two options: Gallery or Photos. When I click Gallery the missing photos are not there, but when I click Photos the missing pictures are there. So if they're showing up in the Photos of the foap app, how can I get 'em?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

Welcome to Android Central! With the Photos app (the one that is integrated with Google+), if you swipe in from the left and scroll down, you can access the Trash. You'll see photos that you may have deleted. Long press the photo, and then tap the curved arrow icon at the top to restore it. I believe it will be restored to your Google+ Photo album in the cloud (but not necessarily locally on your phone).

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site

Welcome to Android Central! With the Photos app (the one that is integrated with Google+), if you swipe in from the left and scroll down, you can access the Trash. You'll see photos that you may have deleted. Long press the photo, and then tap the curved arrow icon at the top to restore it. I believe it will be restored to your Google+ Photo album in the cloud (but not necessarily locally on your phone).

This. They're not in your gallery because they were deleted, but if you have your photos backing up to G+, they should still be there.

Marguerite Floyd

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU! They were in Google+ and I'm busily sharing them to one of my e-mail accounts now.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty