Ematic EXLB3B Acting Funny

MiahJenkins

May 16, 2014
Visit site
I've been trying to get this tablet working for my friend but it's just unstable. I cannot use the Android App Store or Google Play store, they just get an error upon opening, "Unfortunately (Insert App Here) Has Stopped working" I've been wondering if I need to update it, or flash a ROM, I'll do just about anything to get this thing working properly. It's using an ARM Cortex-A8 CPU and Mali-400 MP GPU running 4.0.4 Ice Cream Sandwich. I don't know if this is helpful but it's Kernal Architecture is armv7l and Kernal Version 3.0.8+ (20121111) I got root access to it, I just don't know how to make this thing work properly. >_<

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Not all Android devices are certified to use the Google Play Store (typically the cheaper off-brand devices). Judging by the Ematic device's webpage, it doesn't sound like it's certified (they will usually mention it in the features or software): EXLB3B | Android Tablets at an Economical Value - Ematic I can't help you with rooting, but an alternative would be to install a 3rd party appstore like Amazon Appstore. On the tablet's browser, go to amazon.com/amazonappstoreapp, and follow the instructions. Make sure you go to Settings>Security​, and make sure "Unknown Sources" is checked.

MiahJenkins

May 16, 2014
Visit site
I've tried the Amazon app store unfortunately, does the same thing as the Google Play Store. I had that "Unknown Sources" checked too. The only app stores that work are the ones that come with it, but they don't have the apps I'd like to put on it. Thank you though.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ecstasy89