- 1 Posts
How can I 'name' a destination in Google Maps, like "Home"?
Using Google Now on my SG Note 2, I can say "Take me to Romford" and Google Navigation opens with 'Romford' as the destination, and within a few seconds the first voice direction is given on the route from here to there. Excellent. But how do I take a given destination and 'name' it so that in future I can ask Google Now "take me to Fred's house" and get Navigation to work it out?
After much fiddling around, I've managed to locate and put a 'star' over Fred's house - I just need now to find a way of telling the phone itself/Google Maps/Google Now/whatever that this IS Fred's house and having it remember that location for future navigation attempts.
Oh, and wow, what a phone this is!!!!
- 12-22-2012, 08:11 AM #2
- 107 Posts
Re: How can I 'name' a destination in Google Maps, like "Home"?
Yes, its an awesome phone!
I have a similar problem. I used to be able to ask google voice command on ICS to "navigate to WalMart" and it would open Navi and guide me to the closest WalMart. When I try that on Google Now it just pulls up a web search of nearby WalMart stores with no option to navigate there. What am I doing wrong? Its really annoying and useless.
Sent from my SCH-I605 using Android Central Forums
- 12-22-2012, 09:36 AM #3
- 2,633 Posts
Nook Color - CM10.1 ( Jelly Bean 4.2.2) on eMMC
Google Galaxy Nexus - stock Jelly Bean 4.3
Galaxy Nexus 10 - stock KitKat 4.4.2
Galaxy Nexus 7 (2nd Generation) - stock KitKat 4.4.2
Nexus 5 - stock KitKat 4.4.2
- By herbmmm in forum Verizon Droid IncredibleReplies: 5Last Post: 05-23-2013, 01:46 AM
- By 6tr6tr in forum Sprint Nexus S 4GReplies: 0Last Post: 08-01-2011, 12:13 PM
- By BazzBro in forum Sprint Nexus S 4GReplies: 4Last Post: 05-09-2011, 01:35 PM
- By sabrewulf in forum HTC EVO 4GReplies: 6Last Post: 06-13-2010, 06:42 PM
- By fechina in forum HTC HeroReplies: 1Last Post: 02-26-2010, 05:30 PM