S2, voice notification of page, help me get rid of it.

sophia_virdi

Mar 16, 2016
Visit site
I upgraded over the weekend, and now whenever the notifications are set to anything but OFF, the darn phone tells me what page I am on, via voice. "page 1 of 3, page 2 of 3" etc. how do I turn this off, but leave all other notifications on?

Go to: settings --> then go to: application manager --> then scroll over to: running > all
Under the 'all' tab find apps 1) Google text-to-speech engine 2) Samsung push service 3) S voice 4) Samsung tts 5) talk back
Disable all 5 apps
The verbal notification should stop. It worked for me.

Akane Erin1

Apr 13, 2016
Visit site
I have FINALLY found the right solution. I've been dealing with this issue for quite some time now but I managed to solve it. It's actually quite simple and I'm sure it'll work for all of you who have talkback and drive mood off.

Just go to settings---> device---> display---> and turn off page buddy

Moth26

Apr 17, 2016
Visit site
Just found the solution that worked for me having tried all the others suggested here, which had no effect except one.
I went to Settings -->Accessibility, scrolled down to the Services Category (as suggested by others) and turned off what I think is an addon app, 360 Battery Saver & Phone..

It seems to be a gliche/bug in the JellyBean OS and it could be any one of various addon apps that you could have installed ( in my case the 360 Battery Saver) that are causing the problem. To find the add on causing the problem was a case of time consuming trial and error. However once you find the app you added and remove it, it is well worth the effort to get rid of that very irritating and frustrating voice announcing of every page!

Good Luck!

N.B. Be warned! I tried Turning it off by going to "Accessibility" then "Hearing" and then "Turn off all sounds". At first this appears to work but then you realise it really does turn off 'ALL' sounds and you can't hear your phone ringing or notification messages etc.

Nevoeiro

Apr 26, 2016
Visit site
My solution is simplier. Earlier I have downloaded the CleanMaster app. After some time the app suggested me to turn it on all the time, that way it can handle the condition of my phone, etc etc, and I did this way. That ***** page notification voice has started exactly then. When I have turned off the CleanMaster in the settings>accessibility the problem has solved. Sorry for my bad english, I hope it coluld help.

Sheraz Ahmed1

May 17, 2016
Visit site
There is no need to worry. I had this problem too. But i got rid of it in a minute. All you need to do ia to go to the settings> applications> All and search the following"Talk, Google text to speech, samsung TTS, Talkback" and disable them. Hope it works for you :)

Anuj Ranamgr

May 18, 2016
Visit site
Try this:
Open:-

Setting>>accessibility>>services

You can see some applications there. Now, switch off each application one by one and check.

It works for me but i am not sure whether it works for you or not.

Last edited:

mvalentino

May 27, 2016
Visit site
Hi FOR ALL THOSE HAVING THIS ISSUE (SOLVED)

SETTINGS>APPLICATION MANAGER> SCROLL TO ALL> DISABLE GOOGLE TEXT SPEECH + SAMSUNG TTS + TALKBACK
ALSO CLEAR ALL DATA IN APPS> BATTERY OUT REBOOT AND THIS SHOULD BE FINE NOW.

L Weezy

Jul 25, 2016
Visit site
Yo i just figured out the problem. I went into settings and i saw samsung TTS and i changed the voice just to see what would happen and i found the issue. Since my galaxy s3 is rooted, i used romtoolbox and looked into app manager and scrolled down until i found samsung tts and i froze it. I scroll through the pages and i dont hear any voices. Hope that helps everyone

L Weezy

Jul 25, 2016
Visit site
If your rooted, you can either use titanium backup or romtoolbox to actually freeze the accessibility function labled samsung tts. I just did it and rebooted and i scroll through the pages and dont hear no voice. Whewww bout time i figured that out and hope it helps

uldzha

Jul 27, 2016
Visit site
For me disabling Avast Battery Saver resolved the problem, but now I have a battery draining problem...... It seems I have to choose.

cmm323

Oct 9, 2016
Visit site
Thank you! it must update every month or so, so annoying to have to go digging again for a fix. Tried stopping accessibility-google-sst and disabling google stt again, removed a bunch of apps, but it was the SAMSUNG STT that needed disabling! (even though it showed as off and is actually set to French, but that annoying lady kept telling me which page I was on in English). Will save a screen shot of this for next time they update again and I'm reading on Kindle in the middle of the night. Thanks again!

V MP

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
Worked for me... easy! My prob Services app is Pushbullet which I did not want to disable.
Settings - Application Manager - Google Text To Speech - uninstall updates (stops the poxy annoying voice). Then back to Play Store, find Google Text To Speech and update - voice is still gone and all back to normal with no lost app or functions. Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini Android 4.1.2

This worked for me just now. Thank you... I hope it never comes back.

V MP

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
Am afraid it did not work. After uninstalling the updates and re-installing Google Text to Speech restarted the tablet and the annoying lady is still talking to me with the page numbers.......