Email Messages Not Sent

RobertsMGB

Mar 16, 2013
Visit site
Last night my android updated itself and now I get a message that I have 19 email messages that were never sent. Everytime it goes out to get for mail it buzzes at me about the messages - some of which seem to have been sitting there since last November. There's no option to delete them, I don't want them sent but I can't figure out how to get rid of them. The email account is off my business website account. Anyone know how to get rid of these? I see a lot of similar issues regarding txt messages but these are emails.

thanks

CraigarJ

Jan 13, 2013
Visit site
Hi RobertsMGB. I had the same problem. I found the following solution ( on askmefast.com ):

Turn on Airplane mode. Go to the outbox in your mail and click the search button. Select the e-mail you want to delete and push the back button. It will say e-mail unable to be sent and will move it to the drafts folder where you can then select and delete it! Don`t forget to turn off airplane mode.

Read more: I have 2 unsent emails that I want to delete on my DROID razr M. How do i do that? - I GET a message that says "cannot open message" Message is currently being sent and is unable to be opened.​

:: Ask Me Fast at I have 2 unsent emails that I want to delete on my DROID razr M. How do i do that? - I GET a message that says "cannot open message" Message is currently being sent and is unable to be opened. :: Ask Me Fast

Penny Doty

Apr 4, 2013
Visit site
THANK YOU! You totally rock! This worked great. I thought I was going to have to delete my entire account and start fresh... Thank you again!

John OB

Jun 30, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for posting! I've had a message sitting in the outbox for weeks with the popup notifications too. This cleared it all up! Thanks!

straubda

Dec 1, 2013
Visit site
Thank you CraigarJ...this fixed/got rid of my two unsent emails....airplane mode... who would have thought? Appreciate the help.

straubda

Dec 1, 2013
Visit site
Hi RobertsMGB. I had the same problem. I found the following solution ( on askmefast.com ):

Turn on Airplane mode. Go to the outbox in your mail and click the search button. Select the e-mail you want to delete and push the back button. It will say e-mail unable to be sent and will move it to the drafts folder where you can then select and delete it! Don`t forget to turn off airplane mode.

Read more: I have 2 unsent emails that I want to delete on my DROID razr M. How do i do that? - I GET a message that says "cannot open message" Message is currently being sent and is unable to be opened.​

:: Ask Me Fast at I have 2 unsent emails that I want to delete on my DROID razr M. How do i do that? - I GET a message that says "cannot open message" Message is currently being sent and is unable to be opened. :: Ask Me Fast

straubda

Dec 1, 2013
Visit site
Thank you.. Airplane mode worked. Don't know how you figured that out but glad I found this forum & your response. My next phone will be an iPhone! Thanks again. Deb

melanie keck

Feb 5, 2014
Visit site
Thank you! This actually worked we tried about a dozen other things with no success. We kept on digging knowing that someone had a solution and we found it.

H Marie Stone

Mar 13, 2014
Visit site
Perhaps you can help me. I have an androis, no unsent mails because ive been able to delete them, but since yesterday suddenly, I can receive emails but cant send from ANY of my accounts on my phone, yahoo, aol, nothing. can you help?

Julie44

Mar 13, 2014
Visit site
The exact thing is happening to me - no emails sent from my phone in 36 hours. I deleted the "hung" emails but would love to know what's going on. I have turned the phone off and on, set and reset airplane mode, and reset my password - but nothing is sent.

swati srivastava

Jul 3, 2014
Visit site
Re: Messages Not Sent

I'm getting failure notice for sms not sent.I had already deleted the mesage wich could not be delivered but still i'm geeting the failure notice. Please help me to get rid of it.

Last edited: