tennislvr8

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
Hey all, I switched from iPhone to the s23+ when it came out. I ma having issues w Aqua mail a day missing text messages. My email, regardless of the settings I set will only automatically appear when on wifi. Also I have been missing text messages, which made me switch from android in the first place. Any thoughts, I don't want to go back?
TIA

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Is this the situation where you don't get any notifications for things like texts until you actually open the messaging app?

Are you using a VPN?

tennislvr8

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
Is this the situation where you don't get any notifications for things like texts until you actually open the messaging app?

Are you using a VPN?
Nope. I don't get new emails or notifications if I don't hit the refresh button. If I do that, they both come in. This was never an issue. The notification and the email always appeared instantly.
The text message I flat out didn't get. No notification and no message.

tennislvr8

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
Missing the text message may have more to do with the network. You may want to contact your carrier and see if they have any suggestions.
I did that a few years ago when I switched back yo iPhone. My carrier nor Samsung could help with it, I was missing alot. It would freeze in mid conversation and then hours later I would get them out of order.

Stanley Kubrick

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
I stopped using AT&T a few years ago due to all sorts of FLAKY unpredictable stuff. I went with T-Mobile and now Mint (still T-Mo) and I have virtually ZERO issues like I had with AT&T. YMMV

Reactions: winmod21

joeldf

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
A couple of things to clarify if you don't mind.

Emails and Texts are two different things.

You mentioned Aqua Mail. Can you try using Samsung Mail app? Just to verify it's not the app doing something. Samsung used to include their email app as a stock app, but they seemed to have removed it in the past year or so. But you can still add it from the Galaxy Store or Google Play. It's not a bad app. I don't use it because of how it handles account colors that I'm not fond of, but otherwise it's fine.

Texts are different, so what do you use for texts? The stock Samsung Messages app? Google Messages? Something else?

I've used the stock app, but use Textra now. Both my sons use the stock app on their Samsungs, and my wife uses whatever her iPhone 12 has. None of us have issues getting texts immediately.

We are all on AT&T too. We all get our emails at all times too with no delays.

Something else to look at... what type of email service are you using?

Is it...

pop3 - which is not push at all and does only pull when opened?

IMAP - which can be set to push, but can also be set to poll or get only when opened as well?

EAS/Exchange - which is always push?

That may suggest a solution depending on the account type.

tennislvr8

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
A couple of things to clarify if you don't mind.

Emails and Texts are two different things.

You mentioned Aqua Mail. Can you try using Samsung Mail app? Just to verify it's not the app doing something. Samsung used to include their email app as a stock app, but they seemed to have removed it in the past year or so. But you can still add it from the Galaxy Store or Google Play. It's not a bad app. I don't use it because of how it handles account colors that I'm not fond of, but otherwise it's fine.

Texts are different, so what do you use for texts? The stock Samsung Messages app? Google Messages? Something else?

I've used the stock app, but use Textra now. Both my sons use the stock app on their Samsungs, and my wife uses whatever her iPhone 12 has. None of us have issues getting texts immediately.

We are all on AT&T too. We all get our emails at all times too with no delays.

Something else to look at... what type of email service are you using?

Is it...

pop3 - which is not push at all and does only pull when opened?

IMAP - which can be set to push, but can also be set to poll or get only when opened as well?

EAS/Exchange - which is always push?

That may suggest a solution depending on the account type.
Thanks. I tried Gmail but not samsung for email and it s happened.
I use textra for texting and missed messages

Its a small problem but irritating nonetheless.
Thanks

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
Thanks. I tried Gmail but not samsung for email and it s happened.
I use textra for texting and missed messages

Its a small problem but irritating nonetheless.
Thanks

You said you came from iphone to Android. I don't know about the email, but the missed text messages I have a idea.

Before you switched phones did you go in to message settings on the iPhone and turn iMessages off? I've heard of text messages not coming thru moving to Android from iphone if you don't turn iMessages off first. Just a idea I'm throwing out there.
7f1e9b29365d4008a63d29e4f6732a99.jpg

Last edited:

winmod21

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
I stopped using AT&T a few years ago due to all sorts of FLAKY unpredictable stuff. I went with T-Mobile and now Mint (still T-Mo) and I have virtually ZERO issues like I had with AT&T. YMMV
I would.agree but i had issues w verizon too and android.
We had AT&T for 20+ years, with many 1/2 day -to- an entire day late txt messages, over the last 13 yrs, for no rhyme or reason.

Then, last month, dumped AT&T Mobility, and AT&T's (slowest in the USA's) 25mbps Internet, and AT&T's DirecTV .... and switched our ph #'s to Xfinity Mobiles' (3 phones @ $90/mo. plan), where the cell service has been great, and where the samsung & goggle Messages apps, as well as the MSN Mail & Outlook apps, have all been working great.

So if you're not under contract w/at&t, maybe ✔️ Xfi's coverage in your area; although Xfinity does piggy-back on Verizon's network & towers.

Btw, by transferring our at&t ph #'s to Xfi, we were able to get Xfi's 400mbps Internet for only $15/mo. Which has also been super great! With some speedtests running @ 800+ mbps ! 😁

Bottom line: Xfi's cell & mobile data service has been flawless so far with our families' S23U, S23+ & A54. 👍

Here's hoping you get things worked out.

Last edited:
Reactions: Laura Knotek