Do I need swype?

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
The swype that is on the Nexus 4 was introduced recently by Google to get the stock Android keyboard up to par with the likes of Swype and Swift Key Flow and other " swiping " 3rd party keyboards. Its not bad the version on your N4 but it is limited in what it can do. I used it for a few weeks but ended up going back to Swift Key Flow & Swype which I alternate every so often...

zorak950

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
In a nutshell, they both do basically the same thing, but Swype probably does it better because they've been working on their features and algorithms longer. If the stock keyboard is working well for you, though, it's just a matter of whether you feel like experimenting.

zorak950

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
I've never even heard of that. If you have the Play Store though, it's easy enough to find out; just download the free trial and try it out.

gmkahuna

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I never thought I'd use something like that because I have very large hands and a small on screen keyboard seemed like too much to try and navigate. I have actually found that on the Droid Razr M, Swype actually works very well and has often allowed me to speed up a text message reply very much. I don't use it all the time, but it is very handy.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drkrleitch