Stuck with 'Firmware Upgrade Issue'

Oct 1, 2013
Visit site
Sorry if this has been posted before, but it's late and I kinda don't wanna go through ALL the topics in this forum (Search didn't show my exact problem either).

My wife has a Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 7.0, model is SM-T210. I have no clue what she did with it, but this is on the screen:

Odin Mode
Product name: SM-T210A
Current Binary: Custom
System Status: Custon
HW REV: 0x5

It has an image like: Tablet......Yellow triagle with an ! in it.....Computer.

Under that it has the text: Firmware upgrade encountered an issue. Please select recovery mode in Kies & try again. But Kies can't connect to the device. I have no clue what she did and how she got to this screen, all she wanted to do was to put some music and pictures on her Tab 3. I've encountered words like 'ROM' and 'Flashing' and such, looking for a solution on the web, but I'm really not technical, so I have no clue what this all means. But as of now, we have a Tab 3 that does not respond to anything.

Can someone please help?

Sorry, once again, if this is not the right place to ask this question, but I like to sort this out before she throws the thing out of a window.

Ryandroid86

May 1, 2012
Visit site
Sorry if this has been posted before, but it's late and I kinda don't wanna go through ALL the topics in this forum (Search didn't show my exact problem either).

My wife has a Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 7.0, model is SM-T210. I have no clue what she did with it, but this is on the screen:

Odin Mode
Product name: SM-T210A
Current Binary: Custom
System Status: Custon
HW REV: 0x5

It has an image like: Tablet......Yellow triagle with an ! in it.....Computer.

Under that it has the text: Firmware upgrade encountered an issue. Please select recovery mode in Kies & try again. But Kies can't connect to the device. I have no clue what she did and how she got to this screen, all she wanted to do was to put some music and pictures on her Tab 3. I've encountered words like 'ROM' and 'Flashing' and such, looking for a solution on the web, but I'm really not technical, so I have no clue what this all means. But as of now, we have a Tab 3 that does not respond to anything.

Can someone please help?

Sorry, once again, if this is not the right place to ask this question, but I like to sort this out before she throws the thing out of a window.

You are in the recovery mode. You can use ODIN to sideload different software versions without rooting.
To get out of this. Just hold down the power button for 15 seconds until it restarts. Or if you can pull the battery do so.

Oct 1, 2013
Visit site
Tried to hold down the power button several times, didn't work and this may sound stupid, but how can I pull the battery from a Tablet? I did leave it uncharged over night, so it was empty this morning. Put the power cable in, still got the same screen.

EDIT: I asked my wife again, about what exactly she did to get into this mode; she was putting some music on the tablet using Samsung Kies, worked fine, but she kept getting a pop-up that she had to upgrade the firmware. She clicked on it, Kies downloaded files needed for the upgrade, it took her to a caution screen, telling her to make sure it's fully charged and the like. On the Tablet was the message; "Dowloading, please do not turn of target" She clicked on Start Upgrade and then around 4% Kies gave the message that there was an "error upgrading the firmware, would you like to go into emergency recovery mode?" She clicked on recovery mode and she got a loading screen preparing the firmware upgrade. That was succesful. She disconnected the Tablet (no clue why, I think this is where the mistake is), held down the power button for 10 seconds and then plugged back in. This is where the Tablet started showing the "Firmware upgrade encountered an issue" THEN she got another caution screen, telling her to disconnect the Tablet and hold down the power button for 10 seconds and to make sure it was in recovery mode. Then she was told to reconnect the Tablet to the computer. Which she did. Then she clicked Start Upgrade again and this time she got the message; "Emergency recovery stopped, due to Tablet error"

So, I hope she didn't permanently damage the Tablet, she only got it last week.

Last edited:

Ryandroid86

May 1, 2012
Visit site
Tried to hold down the power button several times, didn't work and this may sound stupid, but how can I pull the battery from a Tablet? I did leave it uncharged over night, so it was empty this morning. Put the power cable in, still got the same screen.

EDIT: I asked my wife again, about what exactly she did to get into this mode; she was putting some music on the tablet using Samsung Kies, worked fine, but she kept getting a pop-up that she had to upgrade the firmware. She clicked on it, Kies downloaded files needed for the upgrade, it took her to a caution screen, telling her to make sure it's fully charged and the like. On the Tablet was the message; "Dowloading, please do not turn of target" She clicked on Start Upgrade and then around 4% Kies gave the message that there was an "error upgrading the firmware, would you like to go into emergency recovery mode?" She clicked on recovery mode and she got a loading screen preparing the firmware upgrade. That was succesful. She disconnected the Tablet (no clue why, I think this is where the mistake is), held down the power button for 10 seconds and then plugged back in. This is where the Tablet started showing the "Firmware upgrade encountered an issue" THEN she got another caution screen, telling her to disconnect the Tablet and hold down the power button for 10 seconds and to make sure it was in recovery mode. Then she was told to reconnect the Tablet to the computer. Which she did. Then she clicked Start Upgrade again and this time she got the message; "Emergency recovery stopped, due to Tablet error"

So, I hope she didn't permanently damage the Tablet, she only got it last week.

Okay. While its on that screen hold the power button and volume down for about three seconds. A menu should appear at the top. Navigate with the volume keys and select with the power button. Is there an option to reboot?

Posted via Android Central App

Oct 1, 2013
Visit site
Done that, all the screen does is go off, then come back with the same thing. No menu, no option to reboot. Just the same "Firmware upgrade encountered an issue..." screen. I think I'm running out of options here.

Ryandroid86

May 1, 2012
Visit site
Done that, all the screen does is go off, then come back with the same thing. No menu, no option to reboot. Just the same "Firmware upgrade encountered an issue..." screen. I think I'm running out of options here.

I know its some combination like this to pull up the menu. I dont have this tablet so its hard to help.
I was able to boot into odin download mode on my S4 and just held down volume down and the power button until it restarted.

Oct 1, 2013
Visit site
I know its some combination like this to pull up the menu. I dont have this tablet so its hard to help.
I was able to boot into odin download mode on my S4 and just held down volume down and the power button until it restarted.

OK so I'm using ODIN v1.85, I have two files to use. In the Bootloader field I have T210RUEAMG4_root.tar and in the PDS field I have a prerooted.tar file. Using those atm, and it gets about halfway before it fails. Do you think there's any point during this process where I should press any buttons?

Ryandroid86

May 1, 2012
Visit site
OK so I'm using ODIN v1.85, I have two files to use. In the Bootloader field I have T210RUEAMG4_root.tar and in the PDS field I have a prerooted.tar file. Using those atm, and it gets about halfway before it fails. Do you think there's any point during this process where I should press any buttons?

Use ODIN 3.06. It works better.
I had problems with other ODIN versions.
And no, once you check mark PDA, then hit the PDA button and select your tar file. It should do the rest. (make sure auto restart is checked too)

Oct 1, 2013
Visit site
Use ODIN 3.06. It works better.
I had problems with other ODIN versions.
And no, once you check mark PDA, then hit the PDA button and select your tar file. It should do the rest. (make sure auto restart is checked too)

Alrighty then. I found version 3.07, and that actually worked. It's fully reset and I cannot thank you enough for your help. Case Closed!!

The-Jake Bush

Nov 8, 2013
Visit site
I have a note 3 and nothing works. I took it into Sprint and they would not look at it. I downloaded stock firmware but apparently it will not work due to Samsung does not allow to go back in firmware. I am stuck on this and cannot use Odin as it continues to fail

Raees Bajwa

Nov 29, 2013
Visit site
Have the same model same problem does not leave samsung logo keeps flashing idk what to do
in odin mode rn
SM-T210A
SAMSUNG OFFICIAL
OFFICIAL
0X5
this is what is says on top left downloading... do not turn off target!! on the middle has not moved for 30 mins im scared my device might be done with please help

miarouge

Jan 29, 2014
Visit site
I am more hopeless in all this technical stuff. I am having the same problem right now and I am running out of options as to how fix my phone. I went to the store just now and they said they won't be able to fix my phone at least until next week because tomorrow is the start of CNY. I have downloaded ODIN 3.07 but I am not sure what you meant by tar file. Where do I download this? Can someone please help me, as I cannot do anything with my phone right now. Its the same problem as Sophie Elaine's. It doesn't show anything else just that the firmware has encountered an issue

Atif baig

Apr 5, 2014
Visit site
Sir i have ainol novo 8 discover it has a problem that when i install firmware files on my discover with firmware tool there have a problem is data.img file cant install on my tblet software shows WRITE DATA PARTITION FAILED..and u can see screen shot also plzzzz help me what i do.plzz thanks in advance.

Attachments

• error.jpg
    error.jpg
    278.8 KB · Views: 2

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumbledore