i have a question about browsing phone while Connected to PC

RX7rotaryNA

Nov 20, 2013
Visit site
how come it loads slow accessing my phone/memory card items when connected to any PC, even using usb 3.0 cable or 2.0 cable, my SD card is a sandisk class 10 from my gopro so its not the sd card. and the way you view pictures is also different, example, in windows you can click on a picture in the folder and use the arrow keys on your keyboard to scroll through the pictures using left and right, but when trying to do that with the pictures connected through the phone i can't, and i cant edit pictures on the phone with right click like in windows as well.

any idea why its like this? my old g2x wasn't like this, access was just like viewing any other item on windows fast speed and able to edit picture files still on the phone,
any type of explanation or help would be useful, this is on a Galaxy Note 3 btw.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! I suspect this is because the USB connection protocol with your Note 3 is MTP (Media Transfer Protocol), which gives more limited functions than your old G2X, which likely was able to act as a USB Mass Storage device (aka USB Disk Drive). The latter makes the phone's internal storage and external SD card act as another external disk drive for the computer, thus allowing you to edit files just as you would with files on your computer's disk drive. This option has largely been abandoned with newer phones and newer Android versions, because it required partitioning of the memory into a small App Storage partition and a larger Internal Storage partition. I discuss it a little more here: http://forums.androidcentral.com/am...roid-memory-how-deal-low-memory-warnings.html

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non