Photo's not visible in gallery / Created Date modified

dexterdweller

Aug 21, 2013
Visit site
Over the last couple of weeks I have searched through the forums and found several similar issues and I have tried several of the suggestions. However, I've had no luck and I am stumped... my photos all at once disappeared from my gallery. If you look in the folders they are all still there but all of the old photo's have the same Authored Date (7/23/2003 6:36 PM) and the same Date Created (5/9/1970 11:20 PM) the Date Modified is unique as it is the actual date the pictures were taken... These files are not hidden. I do not remember exactly what day I upgraded to 4.3 but it would have been right around the time that the issue started. I tried Scan Media and Rescan Media apps with no success.

Any help will be appreciated, and if this is addressed somewhere and I have missed it I am very sorry for the redundant thread.

Galaxy S4
SGH-I337
Jelly Bean 4.3

Capture.JPG

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Hey Dexter. Were the pics saved on your SD card or in the internal storage?

Sent from my SGH-M919 using AC Forums mobile app

dexterdweller

Aug 21, 2013
Visit site
Can you view the pictures? And can you transfer the files onto the PC?

Posted via Android Central App

Yes I can view the pics from the ES app or the PC. From the ES app the only option you have is to set pic as a wallpaper etc now from the PC I can copy them.
also any new pic I take is fine... it will be in the same folder when you search and they have not issues as far as the gallery etc.

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Yes I can view the pics from the ES app or the PC. From the ES app the only option you have is to set pic as a wallpaper etc now from the PC I can copy them.
also any new pic I take is fine... it will be in the same folder when you search and they have not issues as far as the gallery etc.

Just what I was about to ask hehe. If you move them to the PC then back, do they work?
If not, I'd just move them to the PC and go back to taking pics normally. I don't know how to make the others show up on your phone again :(

dexterdweller

Aug 21, 2013
Visit site
It's crazy I just noticed that the download folder has a few pics in it and same cinario only one is visible from the gallery too...
I did as you suggested and copied them to the PC and then tried to bring some back over but no dice.

JosephGrey

Jan 8, 2019
Visit site
It's crazy I just noticed that the download folder has a few pics in it and same cinario only one is visible from the gallery too...
I did as you suggested and copied them to the PC and then tried to bring some back over but no dice.

Did this every get resolved? I just had this occur to me 3days ago and it's driving me nuts because it is also creating other issues. Happened when a friend sent a photo to me via Bluetooth. I cannot reverse what ever happened.

Thanks!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez