Kocaso M1066 Tablet - System UI has stopped working

Louiej99

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
Bought a Kocaso M1066 Tablet from nomorerack.com as a Christmas gift. When we opened the box and turned it on, it instantly started displaying the "System UI has stopped working" message. As soon as you hit the "Ok" button, the message comes back. Waiting to hear back from customer service if I should sent it back to them or manufacturer. Googled the problem and havent been able to find a solution. I know there is a service mode of Android, but cant seem to find the right keys to hold down on power-up.
Anyone have any ideas?
:'(

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central, and sorry to hear about this problem on Christmas! Here's a thread where someone suggests a sequence of button presses: Need a hard reset for kocaso m1060? - Need factory reset instructions as i am stuck at android logo :: AskMeFast. I know it's not for your exact model, but manufacturers often have the same method of hard reset for all of their devices. Specifically:

"The button to hold down is the menu button next to the home button. With it powered on hold down tthe menu and power buttons until it goes off, then release the power button and then hold it again while holding the menu button. An android with an exclamation and triangle will appear. Tap the power button and the menu for reset or updates appears. Select factory restore and follow instructions then select reboot at next screen and you`re done."

Louiej99

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
I looked at that thread. None of those sequences worked. I'm thinking it's because the soft keys arent working properly as the touch screen isnt either.

Janice DeMasi Mills

Dec 10, 2013
Visit site
just went thru same problem. new m1066 from same place. I pressed the back button & power button @ same time & then power on off several times then got the android to show up & was able to get to the factory reset. you can try the volume button & power button also, I think the key is on& off on the power button, good luck by the way I'm not janice I'm her bf Jack

Louiej99

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
I had tried this before and had no luck. I tried it again after reading your response and I finally got it to work. Got the little dead andoid guy on the screen and was able to do system recovery.
Good thing, because the thing was a brick since Christmas Day. Response from Nomorerack was to contact Kocaso. Never got more than a busy signal on the phone when I tired calling them. Finally got email respose from rep telling me to burn an SD card with an image file and boot it from that. Couldn't get SD card to burn and rep never returned emails.
Atleast GF is happy now that she has a working tablet.

Michele Reed1

Jan 30, 2014
Visit site
I have same exact story. bought from nomorerack thought I got this great deal....bought 2 of them for my teenagers. 1 is fine. 2nd one worked for a week. cant get anyone to return my calls or emails. very frusterated!

alexisjan67

Feb 17, 2014
Visit site
I bought my Kocaso M9100 tablet from nomoreracks at christmas also. 5 weeks later I could not get past the android screen. I sent email to nomoreracs and was also ignored so I went to Kocaso web sight and emailed the company. They told me to send them the tablet and they would send me a brand new one. So I did and they sent the new one I just received it 2 days ago. Of course my story does not end there, my new tablet was working great for the first day. Yesterday I go to turn it on and it wont turn on. So now Im trying to find someone online who can tell me if there is some way to get this one to work thats when I came across you guys. I have to say alot of people have problems with this brand and I am begining to think weve all been ripped off. If this one cant be made to work I would really like to get a full refund and try a whole different brand. Good luck with yours.

doreme

Feb 18, 2014
Visit site
Re: Kocaso M9200Tablet - Never worked.

Hi,

My Christmas gift for self. Out of the box, after charging, it never worked. Does not power off either.

I purchased from NoMoreRacks, but did not receive any return address. Nor can I find any such
directives on their site. Apparently, this is a mere rip-off business, with no concern for customer's
satisfaction.

Now that I have found you, do you have any suggestions of how to handle this satisfactorily?

Grateful for your thoughts and understanding,

Regards,

doreme

Kocaso

May 12, 2014
Visit site
If you have not resolved the issue with your tablet yet, please feel free to contact us for assistance. You can use the contact form at Welcome to KOCASO. Or you may call us at 1-866-777-0079. We'll be happy to help with troubleshooting, or a return for warranty service.

Teresa Clark3

Jun 30, 2014
Visit site
Oh sure! You post on here to make people think you are going to help them. NOT!! Unless you have your sales receipt, forget about Kocaso helping you. They simply will NOT do it. I got mine as a Christmas present too, to myself, at an auction. It was brand new. I'm stuck on the Android screen and I've tried every power button, volume button, combination I can think of. It will NOT get past the Android screen. And Kocaso is more than willing to help me, IF I have my sales receipt. This SUCKS.