Why I'm getting this message?

Maged Samuel

Jan 29, 2014
Visit site
Every time I wanna save a contact and choosing the option "Google contact (xxx@gmail.com) to save the new contact online on google, I get this message

2014-02-24-21-26-39.jpg

& I have to press yes of course to allow the save to gmail.

I've been experiencing this since day 1 of having the phone (Stock LG G2 ROM - JellyBean 4.2.2 - International version)

Could someone please help rectify this issue and also tell me how to make this option the default? There's nothing in the phone address book options that allow me to make google my default store (I used to have that option in Android 2.x on my older Samsung Galaxy Ace Plus).

P.S. I insist on solving this issue as I got bored of waiting the KK version. They promised that the international versions will be "cleared" first but it's not happening!
Thanks

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
That's weird, I've never seen that before. I wonder if there are some default fields in the LG Contacts app that do not correspond to anything in Google Contacts--hence, if you select Google Contacts to save what was originally an LG template, it may warn you that you might lose those fields that don't correspond to a Google Contact field. Can you list what blank fields show up by default when entering a new contact?

Maged Samuel

Jan 29, 2014
Visit site
1.png

and this is the rest of fields

2.png

My previous phone was Samsung Ace Plus and I used to sync between the contacts there on google and samsung before I dumped this phone out for LG G2

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Maybe it's the default ringtone and notification LED info that the system is warning will be lost? Those aren't typical fields in the stock Android People app.

Maged Samuel

Jan 29, 2014
Visit site
What can I do about it so that I don't get these error message? For example, do you recommend deleting all the database on google and re-create it again?
Also, how to make the default save to be on google by default (instead of phone memory) so that I don't have to manually choose google every time I save a contact.

Many Thanks

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I'm really not sure about being able to avoid that message. I don't have your device, so unfortunately I can't experiment. As for setting a default account, let me check my old Razr Maxx when I get a chance--that's the only device I have right now that has the option of saving contacts to a Phone Account. I'll get back to you.

Posted via Android Central App--please excuse the brevity and any typos!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drkrleitch