Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By B. Diddy
  • 1 Post By Mohammed Hasan2
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default galaxy ace 3 display problem

I bought samsung galaxy ace 3 a week before..since last two days,it's display is acting weird. Thevdisplay turns on and off rapidly even when im using it..plz help

Default Re: galaxy ace 3 display problem

Welcome to Android Central! Do you mean it flashes off and then comes back on? Or does it shut off, and you have to press the power button to turn it back on? Does it persist after rebooting?

I think the Ace 3 has a smartcover feature (i.e., it supports automatic screen off and on if you have a case with a smartcover lid). These smartcovers work by using a small magnet in the lid that activates the sensor when the lid is closed, thus turning off the screen. When the lid is opened, the magnet is lifted away from the sensor, so the screen turns on. Make sure you don't have any magnets near your phone while you're using it.
    Mohammed Hasan2 likes this.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

thanks 4 the reply.i dont use any covers for my phone...and yes it flashes off and then itself comes back.i dont press the home button 4 it to come back...any help?

Quote Originally Posted by Mohammed Hasan2 View Post
    thanks 4 the reply.i dont use any covers for my phone...and yes it flashes off and then itself comes back.i dont press the home button 4 it to come back...any help?
    have you tried settings/display/screentimeout and change it from 30 to what ever you like
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Yep. I've tried everything possible..anyvother suggestions. Also tgis doesn't happen every time. Only once in a day for 4 5 secs andvthen its normal again

Yep. I've tried everything possible..anyvother suggestions. Also tgis doesn't happen every time. Only once in a day for 4 5 secs andvthen its normal again
    hmm seems like you may have a dodgy display :/ have you took it to your carrier see if they can find out what's happening with your phone??
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Problem is im in abroad now.btw if I do a hard reset will I lose my warranty.

Problem is im in abroad now.btw if I do a hard reset will I lose my warranty.
    what do you mean lose warranty? and what hard reset you preferring to? if its factory reset then no i don't think that's new to me lol never hurd that one before before lol just reinstall the software via kies
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

I mean doing it by holding volume down home button andvthe powervkey.. also how do I reinstall software via kies?

I mean doing it by holding volume down home button andvthe powervkey.. also how do I reinstall software via kies?
    to factory reset your phone its vol+ home button and power key before going into kies take the battery out of phone get the model number and S/R number and go into kies then tools then firmware upgrade and initialisation and type them number in capital and then go threw the process and it will reinstall the software
    Thanked by:

did it work?
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #12  

having the same prblm...think that bcoz of those magnetic sensors.... anyway to disable them?
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #13  

Lol. The problem was the magnetic sensor..all working fine now
    B. Diddy likes this.

Good to hear you figured it out. What was interfering with the sensor?