galaxy ace 3 display problem

May 21, 2014
Visit site
I bought samsung galaxy ace 3 a week before..since last two days,it's display is acting weird. Thevdisplay turns on and off rapidly even when im using it..plz help

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Do you mean it flashes off and then comes back on? Or does it shut off, and you have to press the power button to turn it back on? Does it persist after rebooting?

I think the Ace 3 has a smartcover feature (i.e., it supports automatic screen off and on if you have a case with a smartcover lid). These smartcovers work by using a small magnet in the lid that activates the sensor when the lid is closed, thus turning off the screen. When the lid is opened, the magnet is lifted away from the sensor, so the screen turns on. Make sure you don't have any magnets near your phone while you're using it.

May 21, 2014
Visit site
thanks 4 the reply.i dont use any covers for my phone...and yes it flashes off and then itself comes back.i dont press the home button 4 it to come back...any help?

Deanig_12

Feb 14, 2013
Visit site
Yep. I've tried everything possible..anyvother suggestions. Also tgis doesn't happen every time. Only once in a day for 4 5 secs andvthen its normal again

hmm seems like you may have a dodgy display :/ have you took it to your carrier see if they can find out what's happening with your phone??

Deanig_12

Feb 14, 2013
Visit site
Problem is im in abroad now.btw if I do a hard reset will I lose my warranty.

what do you mean lose warranty? and what hard reset you preferring to? if its factory reset then no i don't think that's new to me lol never hurd that one before before lol just reinstall the software via kies :)

Deanig_12

Feb 14, 2013
Visit site
I mean doing it by holding volume down home button andvthe powervkey.. also how do I reinstall software via kies?

to factory reset your phone its vol+ home button and power key before going into kies take the battery out of phone get the model number and S/R number and go into kies then tools then firmware upgrade and initialisation and type them number in capital and then go threw the process and it will reinstall the software :)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty