Why does my SD card in my Samsung Galaxy S3 say Damaged SD card. Mount Card.?

trini88

Jan 29, 2015
Visit site
SDCard in Samsung Galaxy S3 says"Damaged SD card. Mount Card."

My photos, videos and others are no longer available. Last week my phone was freezing during an incoming call and I shut it down and took out both the SD card and sim card. When I started back the phone it showed only a few of the photos and said Damaged SD card, so I removed card once again and now it says, "Damaged SD card. SD card is damaged. Try reformatting it....Please mount card.". I also used the adapter for my laptop and it asked me to reformat as well. I am not sure of which thread has the most accurate steps in retrieving back my files. Please help. Mom of a special needs child.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: SDCard in Samsung Galaxy S3 says"Damaged SD card. Mount Card."

Welcome to Android Central! Ugh, this is always a potential risk when using SD cards. If the laptop can't read it either, that's not a good sign. You could try programs like DiskDigger or PhotoRec to try to recover files.

trini88

Jan 29, 2015
Visit site

Thank you. Do I download those programs on my phone or laptop? The past forums makes it sound easy and I didn't want to make anything worst.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

I think those are programs for your computer. Check out the links from my previous post.

Jeffrey Silvederio

Jan 30, 2015
Visit site

I'm having the same problem. I accidentally Unmount SD Card when my PC cannot detect my Micro SD card Drive. After that, my phone detects my SD Card as Damaged SD Card and I cannot even Format on PC and on Android. I tried fixing this by inserting this particular SD Card to other Android Phones and Memory Card Reader but I still failed. Can you suggest any user-friendly method?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

Welcome to Android Central! It sounds like the card may be damaged beyond repair. What do you mean that you accidentally unmounted the card when the PC couldn't detect it? Do you mean you accidentally removed it from the PC without clicking on the Eject option? That can damage or corrupt a card. Or maybe the card was already damaged before you put it into the PC, which is why it couldn't detect anything. In any case, the card is probably a loss. Hopefully you didn't have anything too valuable on it. If you need to recover files, try programs like DiskDigger or PhotoRec.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87