When will the Note 3 get the update?

Pasco08

Feb 19, 2014
Visit site
I am on T-Mobile and thought the note 3 and S/4 were supposed to have already gotten the Update any ideas when it will hit the phones?

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central :)
The updates are just starting to rollout, but there is no confirmed date for T-Mo. I'm guessing we'll see it within the next few weeks though

Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SlimKat 4.4.2

japetty

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
Samsung only put out the phone that will be getting Kitkat 4.4.2 and released it...they are updating many of the newer phones and TABS on this release. Samsung lays out which devices will get Android 4.4.2 KitKat | Android Central Samsung can't tell your provider when to release the update to its customers. Since you are TMob I would guess you would be first or so, I am a VZW customer so I know VZW customers will be the VERY LAST to get the update probably months from now.

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Samsung only put out the phone that will be getting Kitkat 4.4.2 and released it...they are updating many of the newer phones and TABS on this release. Samsung lays out which devices will get Android 4.4.2 KitKat | Android Central Samsung can't tell your provider when to release the update to its customers. Since you are TMob I would guess you would be first or so, I am a VZW customer so I know VZW customers will be the VERY LAST to get the update probably months from now.

VZW has been good about updates lately. They were among the first for 4.3 on the S3 and S4. T-Mo has been the opposite :-\

japetty

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
VZW has been good about updates lately. They were among the first for 4.3 on the S3 and S4. T-Mo has been the opposite :-\

The reason they updated with 4.3 was because it was required for those google accessories to work with the S4 and they thought they would get to sell customers those accessories and make good money.

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
The reason they updated with 4.3 was because it was required for those google accessories to work with the S4 and they thought they would get to sell customers those accessories and make good money.

It was for them to be compatible with the Galaxy Gear. That doesn't explain why T-Mobile took longer to update

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cloudsofmana