Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Android browser problems

I log onto a secure website at work. When I log on there is a menu where you select a topic, a further menu slides out and you select another topic from a third menu that slides out. I cannot select the third menu because as soon as I try to click on the second menu I am taken back to the first menu. I have tried this using Chrome, Firefox and the Android browser on my Nexus 5 and Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0. The same website works perfectly with my Safari on my iPhone 4 and iPad. Has anyone any suggestions as to how to get round this? My Nexus 5 is on 4.4 and my Samsung is on 4.2

Global Posts
    4,037 Global Posts
    ROM
    Phoenix 1.6 Sense 5 4.2.2

Default Re: Android browser problems

Quote Originally Posted by Crosswhite17 View Post
    I log onto a secure website at work. When I log on there is a menu where you select a topic, a further menu slides out and you select another topic from a third menu that slides out. I cannot select the third menu because as soon as I try to click on the second menu I am taken back to the first menu. I have tried this using Chrome, Firefox and the Android browser on my Nexus 5 and Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0. The same website works perfectly with my Safari on my iPhone 4 and iPad. Has anyone any suggestions as to how to get round this? My Nexus 5 is on 4.4 and my Samsung is on 4.2
    Are those the only browsers you have tried?
    “Knowing how to think empowers you far beyond those who know only what to think.” - Neil deGrasse Tyson

In September of 2014 comes the greatest tool to modify almost any HTC phone. Unlock bootloader, flash recovery, root, and more. Open sourced, powerful, powered by the cloud via SSL, and best of all, it's 100% free. All built by me. Get ready to rock!

3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Yes. Are these are the browsers that I use. Are there any better ones that you can recommend?

Global Posts
    4,037 Global Posts
    ROM
    Phoenix 1.6 Sense 5 4.2.2

Try Maxathon browser, UC browser, or dolphin browser.

Sent from my AT&T One X running CodefireX ROM Android Version 4.4.
    “Knowing how to think empowers you far beyond those who know only what to think.” - Neil deGrasse Tyson

In September of 2014 comes the greatest tool to modify almost any HTC phone. Unlock bootloader, flash recovery, root, and more. Open sourced, powerful, powered by the cloud via SSL, and best of all, it's 100% free. All built by me. Get ready to rock!

5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Cheers I will give them a go.

Global Posts
    8,081 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 4.4 (KitKat)

Quote Originally Posted by Crosswhite17 View Post
    Cheers I will give them a go.
    With Chrome did you select the request desktop option? I believe Dolphin allows you to change the User Agent to iOS, so if nothing else works try that and see if it gets you connected. I'm not sure what the problem could be other than the site only being compatible with iOS devices.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app