Lock screen/notification questions

bad43085

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
I suppose this could be two or three threads, but they are all kind of related so here it goes:

First, I put a security code/pattern on my phone and now I can't turn off that feature and go back to no code to get into the phone. That "None" in the security menu is grayed out.

Secondly, while on the lock screen, I've heard with the new OS, you can respond to notifications directly from the lock screen. I can't seem to figure out how that can be done yet. Further, what ways can I access those notifications from the lock screen - password, or no password? I haven't really found a way to deal with notifications any more efficiently than I had been on the previous OS.

Thanks

Pasky Maina

Apr 23, 2015
Visit site
I'm unable to do this, because if I do, then I lose the ability to find my phone if ever I've either lost/misplaced it and cannot find it, or worse still, it's been stolen. I've got an Xperia Z3 and this is part of the phone security setup.
Prior to this upgrade to Lollipop I could enable or disable the screen lock by purely turning it off/on in the security section of Settings. Now part of it is greyed out (listed as Administrator Settings)
Quite frankly this is annoying to say the least. My phone is with me all the time, and if I was away from my phone (at work) I could simply turn on the screen lock and I'd be OK. Now that's impossible. Along with numerous messages on screen whereas before I just got notifications symbols/images telling me I had either Email, Twitter, Facebook or any other messages. Now I get a screen full of messages! The volume also, alas, seems to be somewhat muted too, and it's at the same level. I'm not talking about earsplitting noise levels, it just sounds a lot lower and muted to the "original" levels - pre lollipop - to what it was before this upgrade.
Likewise the same for the icons at the top of the screen. I've managed to figure out some of them and now I can't seem to find a way of turning of the 4G signal when using Wi-Fi. On the previous version for Android (can't recall what it was, not that it makes a difference) there was a group of icons that I could tap to turn on/off the relevant function. Now that's gone too!

If this is Google Androids way of doing updates it's ridiculous to say the least! Update it, fine! But to leave you in the mire to try to work out what does what and how and were to locate any help? Not useful at all!
How about a built-in guide when you do these upgrades so we can refer to it when trying to work out how to get our phones working the way we've set them up to use?
I'm slowly finding things to get my phone working the way I had it. So far it's been two days! Even my ringtones were reset to default as well as my alarm function, which had been turned off, but the worst problem is the constant locking of my phone when not in use i.e; the screen lock issue referred to in this thread!

I can see a patch coming to fix issues people are having with this latest upgrade!
Not a happy bunny here at the moment, along with lots of other users too I bet!

Screenshot_2015-04-23-16-10-22.jpg

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
To keep your phone unlocked you could try the new smart lock options (trusted devices, places, etc). I use the "on body detection" feature and it works great.

wastedwhiteboy2

Dec 18, 2014
Visit site
I'm having problems with the notifications also. I dont get a notification of a txt on the lock screen. It's also not vibrating. My phone lights up and the lock screen is visible but if I dont notice it lighting up then I'm checking for txts all the time.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ecstasy89