Voice Input keeps asking me to update offline language

ToniCipriani

Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
In Google Voice Typing, I have two languages configured, English US and Cantonese Hong Kong. In the Download Offline languages, Cantonese Hong Kong always has an update to Version 2 and Version 1 is installed, then tries to update on Wi-Fi. When I try to manually update it, it would download, but then stuck at "Cancel Download", and when I back out of the screen and go back in, it's back to Version 1 and pending Version 2 download again, and cycle repeats.

How can I get the download to install properly?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Which phone? If possible, try wiping the cache partition. Also, go to Settings>Apps>All, select Google Keyboard, and Clear Cache/Clear Data. Do the same for Download Manager.

ToniCipriani

Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
BlackBerry Priv. Google Keyboard is not installed, but I tried it on the Cantonese keyboard. Didn't seem to help. Download notification just finishes downloading then disappear without installing anything.

ToniCipriani

Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
Also tried clearing the Google App as well, all languages disappeared. Tried reinstalling Cantonese, says it'll download version 2 but ends up installing version 1 then with 2 pending again.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Try going to Settings>Apps>All, select Download Manager, and Clear Cache/Clear Data, then try again.

ToniCipriani

Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
Just thought I'd give a quick update, 100% this is with Google. I had a G4 for 2 weeks while my Priv was in for service, and the exact same problem happened on it. Doesn't sound like it'll be fixed though.