Odd problem with default browser settings

N4Newbie

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
I don't know if this is a Marshmallow problem or not but I only began noticing it after installing Marshmallow on my Nexus 6.

I use two browsers, Chrome and Dolphin; the latter specifically for a few sites which work better IMO. NYTIMES.COM for one.

Lately, when I click a link anywhere in NYTIMES.COM (or any other site) while in Dolphin, the link opens in Chrome. I have gone to Settings -> Apps -> Chrome -> Open by default; Open supported links is set to Ask every time and Supported links is set to Don't open supported links.

I don't know what else to check. Why are links in Dolphin opening in Chrome?

asherking

Apr 5, 2011
Visit site
I don't know if this is a Marshmallow problem or not but I only began noticing it after installing Marshmallow on my Nexus 6.

I use two browsers, Chrome and Dolphin; the latter specifically for a few sites which work better IMO. NYTIMES.COM for one.

Lately, when I click a link anywhere in NYTIMES.COM (or any other site) while in Dolphin, the link opens in Chrome. I have gone to Settings -> Apps -> Chrome -> Open by default; Open supported links is set to Ask every time and Supported links is set to Don't open supported links.

I don't know what else to check. Why are links in Dolphin opening in Chrome?

According to the description of the latest Dolphin version on Google Play, this has been fixed, maybe you can download it from GP and check it out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sumythgrewal