No May Update Yet. What's Your Best Guess?

anon(9072051)

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
Did the N team just miss their deadline this month? Did the 3D Touch issue mess things up? Too many Marshmallow updates to okay all at once? Are they holding the update for a big reveal at the I/O tomorrow? Did it fall on the floor and one of their dogs peed on it? What's your guess?

I definitely favor the dog story myself, but only because I can't come up with a good reason why they would sandbag it for the I/O.

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Did the N team just miss their deadline this month? Did the 3D Touch issue mess things up? Too many Marshmallow updates to okay all at once? Are they holding the update for a big reveal at the I/O tomorrow? Did it fall on the floor and one of their dogs peed on it? What's your guess?

I definitely favor the dog story myself, but only because I can't come up with a good reason why they would sandbag it for the I/O.

I don't think they missed their deadline.
I don't think you can expect the update of this to be quite as routine of an update , since its still in Beta :)

MrDoh

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
Most of what I've read is that people are expecting Preview 3 at the start of Google I/O conference. That would be Wednesday, 5/18/2016. If it doesn't come then, it will come whenever they're ready. I'd rather that they held it back for bug-fixing for a few days than just release it willy-nilly *smile*.

anon(9072051)

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
Well, this is the last time I try to start a discussion thread. That is, until I decide to complain about why I have to buy an iPhone because Android sucks so hard. :b

At any rate, my proper best guess is that G held onto version #3 and renamed version #2 an "alpha" release so that they could introduce N with great fanfare as a true Beta release at the I/O today. So no more surprises ahead, just refinements, and developers can get down to bizness ASAP.