Nougat keyboard and autocorrect don't automatically detect languafe

JeanJinny

Mar 9, 2017
Visit site
Hi there, I used to be able to write in different languages on my Galaxy S7 with Marshmallow without having to toggle languages manually. Autocorrect would also recognise the language and correct accordingly. Then I got Nougat and I can't do that anymore. Now I have to remember to manually change the language each time I want to write something in whatever app. I've been looking for an option to enable automatic language recognition again, but have been unable to find it. I use the stock keyboard and have 4 languages enabled. Can anyone help? Thanks.

Michal McEmface

Apr 15, 2017
Visit site
I am having the exact same problem and it's driving me insane! On top of that, it used to auto separate words that had been strung together - and now it just leaves them as gobbledygook. I've tried other keyboards and don't like them. Can any one help with the multiple language option? I use 2 to 3 languages multiple times a day on my phone and having to toggle is slowly ruining my autocorrect in all the languages because it's learning incorrect spellings for words that are correct in another language. Help!

Hi there, I used to be able to write in different languages on my Galaxy S7 with Marshmallow without having to toggle languages manually. Autocorrect would also recognise the language and correct accordingly. Then I got Nougat and I can't do that anymore. Now I have to remember to manually change the language each time I want to write something in whatever app. I've been looking for an option to enable automatic language recognition again, but have been unable to find it. I use the stock keyboard and have 4 languages enabled. Can anyone help? Thanks.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danishpeer