appinventorforandroidcodeblocks-8.jnlp Problems

KH29

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
I entered in the incorrect adb file path when first opening block editor and in the process of trying to correct this I deleted the appinventorforandroidcodeblocks-8.jnlp file. I had it working prior to deleting some files associated with app inventor in an attempt to get the adb file path prompt to come back up, but now when I click on block editor the download window for appinventorforandroidcodeblocks-8.jnlp pops up but there is not an associated program from which to open it up with (looks like a dead link file). Does anyone have any ideas? I get a invalid menu handle error when selecting "open with" random program and it gives a path LOCALS~1\Temp\AppInventorForAndroidCodeblocks-8.jnlp

EDIT: I have Android SDK, AppInventorExtras, and Java 6-22 JDK installed
Thanks

KH29

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
When you right click on the .jnlp file and choose "open with..." there should be an icon for "Java Web Start." Click on that.

If you can't find a "Java Web Start" button, then try uninstalling and then reinstalling Java.

To uninstall Java: How do I uninstall Java on my Windows computer ?

To reinstall Java: Download Java for Windows

Thanks, yeah I am pretty sure its a problem with Java. I thought I successful uninstalled it, but when trying to re-install, it says that I already have it. I think there is a problem with the registry, so I guess I will just have to create a new account on my computer and use that account for App Inventor.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress