Tapatalk Pro for $2.99

Pipester

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
So, let me get this straight. I can download a free version of Tapatalk to READ all my favorite forums, but I have to pay to post to them.

How does this company get off charging for something I can just use the browser to do for free?

They can't even spell 'password'.

/rant

Lurch81#AC

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
is it faster to view them from the app? coming from a blackberry to droid and being amazed at the speed of the browser i personally wouldn't pay for an app to post to forums might try the free one to browse them if its faster at all

nox

Retired Super Moderator
Jan 15, 2010
www.AndroidCentral.com
is it faster to view them from the app? coming from a blackberry to droid and being amazed at the speed of the browser i personally wouldn't pay for an app to post to forums might try the free one to browse them if its faster at all

Just try out the free version and see how you like it. I presonally hate it but eh, w/e :p

anon(12496)

Mar 13, 2010
Visit site
Everybody seems to forget that there are many forums out there that don't have a mobile friendly page. I'm willing to bet Tapatalk was meant for those forums. Now A/C has a nice mobile forum page, so you don't have to use Tapatalk if you don't want to. Personally I like it. It's easier for me to browse the forum this way. Makes the topics nice and easily readable. Also 2.99$ is not going to bankrupt anyone, now is it? :)

Pipester

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
Everybody seems to forget that there are many forums out there that don't have a mobile friendly page. I'm willing to bet Tapatalk was meant for those forums. Now A/C has a nice mobile forum page, so you don't have to use Tapatalk if you don't want to. Personally I like it. It's easier for me to browse the forum this way. Makes the topics nice and easily readable. Also 2.99$ is not going to bankrupt anyone, now is it? :)

No, its not going to bankrupt anyone, however, give us something other than the ability to post for $3.

Brett

Retired Moderator
Nov 22, 2009
Visit site
in all honesty i am not a fan of this application. seeing as how the forum i frequent the most is this one and i occasionally check out other forums it just isn't for me. the speed, the visual appeal, the lack of settings just to name a few. for people who frequent multiple forums and are active in them, then id say it is probably worth it. i bought the paid app today and gave it a shot and the speed alone just killed any value that could have been there. i figured it would have been faster than going to the forum site in the browser but it wasn't, possibly even slower.

this is just my opinion which doesn't mean it is a fact that the app sucks. i think if i was active at other forums then it might be a good idea but it is not the case for me.