CM7/ADW is aggravating me - where's the Task Switcher?

Longstreet308

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
Hello all. Flashed CM7 onto my HTC Inspire this morning. CM7 comes with ADW Launcher. The process went smoothly, and at first I was impressed, but I've noticed 2 things that will be deal breakers for me if I can't resolve them.

1. In stock config (Gingerbread, rooted but otherwise factory), pressing the Home button, in any app, would take me back to the home screen. In ADW it does nothing but tickle my fingertip. I've gone into "ADWLauncher>General Behavior>Home button binding" and tried different settings,but nothing changes. I don't always want to "back out" of an app with the back button.

Thinking it might CM7, I went into "CyanogenMod settings>Input>Long-press home settings". Checking or unchecking "Show recent apps title" makes no difference.

No joy. Any one have an idea how I can fix this?

2. In stock config, when I would pull the Notification drawer down I would get a list of recently used apps to switch between. I used the HELL out of this feature. It was one of the things that made me love this phone when I got it. Where is this feature in ADW? Is there some setting that I'm missing?

I've looked at different task switchers all afternoon, but if CM7/ADW can be made to do this, I don't want to add another app. And some of the ones I've looked at don't sound too impressive.

I've been impressed with everything I've read about CM7, and much of what I've seen so far I've liked. The UI is nice (mostly), the camera app works just fine, and I think I'm getting a bit better battery life. However, for the way I use my phone, the 2 problems I'm having make using it a chore. A HUGE chore.

I don't want to revert I've been searching the web for 6 hours, pretty much non-stop, for answers. Anybody have any ideas? Any kind of help would be greatly appreciated.

Longstreet308

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
opjones that's what I thought was supposed to happen, but it wasn't working.

So per your suggestion I reflashed CM7 and voila! my Home button behaved itself again.

But as soon as I used Titanium to restore my apps, the Home button went back to it's funk. So there must be a conflict in there somewhere.

I'm going to reflash, then restore apps one at a time instead of batch. See if I can track down the offending application.

Thanks for your help guys!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty