iMovie app equivalent on Android?

Braaainz

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
The screen resolution on the iPhone 4 impressed, but it is definitely not something I need, I prefer the bigger screen on the Evo.

However, the iMovie app that Steve Jobs demonstrated looked awesome. All of my video editing is done on an earlier powerbook version of iMovie.

Is there an Android app that does anything comparable?

i.e. record video, edit video on the fly with the ability to add pictures, music, and transitions?

Kyle Gibb

May 17, 2010
Visit site
As phones get more and more powerful, we will see apps that take better use of their hardware. Considering iMovie is owned by Apple, it will never be on Android. I am sure someone will come out with something similar sooner or later though.

extra_medium

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site
As phones get more and more powerful, we will see apps that take better use of their hardware. Considering iMovie is owned by Apple, it will never be on Android. I am sure someone will come out with something similar sooner or later though.

Agreed -- it's just frustrating that everything seems to be on the iPhone first, and then someone hacks together an android version eventually, or "someday" :)

SHO_ONE#IM

Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
I too would think that an imovie variant would be on Android already. I too feel it's crap that a lot of the apps found in the world today are found on the iphone first.

My brother stops by today and he seems impressed with my EVO, loves the screen size and then goes into the iphone's screen resolution.... then he asks me if can video chat, I say yes and pull out Qik.... LAME! It didn't want to connect and on 3g was simply crap or wi-fi or 4G it was tolerable, but the whole press a button like walkie-talkie killed it. He pull's out his iphone 4 and loads up facetime, It was so clear and over 3g I couldn't believe it. Then he asked me about the 720P recording and I show him a video and he laugh's and then he pulls out imovie and it was very cool.

I love my EVO and love Android but Android needs to jump a few more hurdles to get us and there new patrons (potential) on board. Get an ecosystem similar to itunes to sync our music and so on and get better apps in the market place. We all know google has a ton of apps and we all know a lot of them are either crap or low quality all together.

braj

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
My SE phone from 4 years ago had a basic video editing app, it is kind of silly that nothing at all exists. It doesn't seem like it is THAT complicated. Crazy transitions aren't really needed IMO, but trim and put together a few clips and post to YouTube etc, is that too much to ask?

lifties

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
I agree, its is ridiculous that there isn't one single video editing app in the market place.

I'm guessing that creating a video editing app is above what the current level of Android app developers can manage. If you need a wallpaper or sound clip, no problem, but something a little more challenging, forget about it.

It also surprised me that none of the OEM's have released a video editing app. That would be a great way to compete against the other guys.

I wish I could program, because whoever gets a video editing app to Market first will rack in some cash!!!

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty