Google Voice Unified Messenger?

Do you use Google Voice? What features do you use?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

aslowe

Dec 15, 2011
Visit site
I have been scouring the forums and Google of course, looking for information on Google Voice and future development. I use it for my everyday use from voicemail, SMS and calling. MMS is really my only grip with it. I know that it is not officially supported. What I have found is that AT&T, Sprint and T-Mobile (any other carriers?) all have an email work around (forwarding MMS to email). Does anyone have links or information on where Google is going with Voice? Will they introduce native support for MMS? or will they do something similar to Apple where they could integrate Talk, Voice and your mobile number for a unified communications hub? I have seen Blackberry working on this for their new BB10 platform and it looks pretty impressive. It would seem like the next logical step for Google, especially with rumors abound with talks between DIsh and Google (Google and Dish Network are in talks to launch a wireless service, says WSJ | The Verge) and the possibility of a Google Mobile network.

So currently, I don't have a troubleshooting question, just looking for input and prospective on the subject. What do you guys think?

Last edited:

bruce7373

Feb 21, 2012
Visit site
I'm in total agreement, especially about the MMS limitation. Unfortunately I have nothing to add in that regard, but am still searching for a reasonable workaround.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samahmed336699