All my messages in one place??

cariw91

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
Ive just switched to android from blackberry (who hasnt lol) and am really missing how easy it was to get all of my messages. I HAVE to have 2 yahoo emails and my gmail on my phone and having to go in and refresh my yahoos every 5 mins is driving me nuts.

I need an app that will have all of my messages, sms, mms, and all 3 emails in ONE spot and if it pulls them in on a regular basis (I think this is called push?) thatd be amazing.

I tried Pure Messenger but couldnt get it to work. The widget would say loading for hours and never do anything.

Ideas???

ottscay

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
There really isn't a solution like that on Android at the moment (I just switched from a Storm). You can get some push-email goodness from the market (I highly recommend maildroid) although some people like K9 as well.

Outside of gmail (which is already push on your phone) those are about the only way to get push email right now. And while I can't speak for K9, maildroid doesn't support bringing all of the email into one thread (although it does list all of the accounts under one icon and sends notices as such, so it's 2/3 of what you are looking for with email). I just use the stock sms client alongside it.

Truly, RIM is still a ways ahead of everyone else when it comes to messaging/email in the stock application. It's just that they are behind in a lot of other ways at the moment.

ekz13

May 31, 2010
Visit site
only way (I've read) to do anything close to this is

- create a folder on your home screen
- create a shortcut to each of your inboxes
- place the shortcuts in your folder

not all in "one place" per se, but you should be able to access them a bit better from what people have been saying.

stevebecktech22

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
Well another alternative for at least all your messenger requests, is this new app that I actually got a beta invite for, you can too. It is called LiveProfile... it is bbm for android, and pretty much anyone who has a blackberry, iphone, or android can get the app for free and talk to each other and send pictures and messages and everything just like BBM. I signed up on http://www.LiveProfile.com/ If you want to check it out.

anon(39328)

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
It's been awhile since I've used it, but Executive Assistant + might be worth checking out if you can't get Pure Messenger to work. It's very similar.

Nebilim

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
Well another alternative for at least all your messenger requests, is this new app that I actually got a beta invite for, you can too. It is called LiveProfile... it is bbm for android, and pretty much anyone who has a blackberry, iphone, or android can get the app for free and talk to each other and send pictures and messages and everything just like BBM. I signed up on http://www.LiveProfile.com/ If you want to check it out.

it says not available for the public yet

largeselection

Nov 4, 2009
Visit site
Yea I also would like this. On the dx it has a universal inbox, but it still doesn't include gmail. I want one which will include everything and also is accessed with one click (on the dx you have to select messaging, then click universal inbox to access)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress