Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default App that silences notifications at night?

I want a app. that silences the notifications at night but allows the phone to ring in case of emergency. I had this feature on my BB and I miss it. These emails and text messages keep waking me up but I want to allow the phone to ring and the alarm to still function. Any suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by CSI Guy View Post
    I want a app. that silences the notifications at night but allows the phone to ring in case of emergency. I had this feature on my BB and I miss it. These emails and text messages keep waking me up but I want to allow the phone to ring and the alarm to still function. Any suggestions?
    Take a look at Profile. There's an optional whitelist function, though I've not thoroughly tested it.

Global Posts
    41 Global Posts

Default Ck out..

"Audio Manager" in the market. I too had this issue after coming from BB. It has a nice widget that allows you to quickly silence up to 6 different sounds: ALARM, MEDIA, ALERTS (NOTIFICATIONS), RINGER, SYSTEM, AND VOICE.

This app works well.
    What does this button d

Timeriffic also does that, it's very granular, and it's free.

Global Posts
    154 Global Posts

I use Chronos. I have it set up where at specific times certain things take place.. 11PM every night all notifications go silent except for Ringer. Bluetooth comes one during the morning and nightime drive, WIFI comes on during times when I am sure to be at home, etc.. The byproduct of this is my Battery usage has gone up because certain items are not on all the time like Bluetooth and WIFI, there is no reason to have either on when you are sleeping so they automatically turn off.. It can do a lot of things, you might want to check it out...

I'll second profiles. You can set it up with time based rules.

I have my phone to do the same thing. At 1am it goes into just ring mode, turns off notifications. You can have alarm still on. At 9am it goes back into full mode.

I even have it set to go into airplane mode during monday night class since I don't get reception.

Another vote for timeriffic. Has worked well for me and is free in the market.
    Banned

Global Posts
    80 Global Posts

Auto Notifications for Android

Auto Notifications....it will even disable the LED on some phones....

I use Sound Manager and have found it very reliable. I have profiles set to turn of sounds during the day, while I'm in the office and at night.
    Custom User Title

Global Posts
    1,058 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP

I put it in airplane mode at night.
    Please use the Thanks button below and to the right.

Phone weaver is excellent and lets you set up white lists for those numbers that need to ring through. You can set up profiles by day and time as well. It has the added benefit of being able to run a program based on the profile. So if you want the car mode to turn on GPS and run Google navigation it will.

Global Posts
    277 Global Posts

just get yourself a full profile manager, you won't regret it

setting profiles
    tasker
    locale

Global Posts
    69 Global Posts

Timeriffic is the best!

I use bedside and love it!
    FD2
    Shadow Lurker

Global Posts
    376 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Foxy Ringer. Been using it since my Droid 1 days. Oh and its free.
    I'm not a star, somebody lied

Quote Originally Posted by rhcmhc View Post
    I use bedside and love it!
    +1 for bedside. I love it where you can white list certain numbers and SMS.

I have not found anything that does not allow the light to blink, like the BB Bedside Mode.

I need calls to come through, but don't want anything else, so I use Bedside. It also allows me to run one program at the same time, which is White Noise, for me.

Tasker. Extremely powerful once you get the hang of it.

Global Posts
    139 Global Posts

I have tasker setup to mute all sounds except phone ringer from 10pm - 6am

So for these programs do you have them running all day or just turn them on when you goto bed?