stoneworrior

Mar 29, 2010
Visit site
Edit: Sorry guys, this app requires Android 2.2

I did a search and did not find anyone posting about this app. If it is in here sorry for the duplicate. Anyway I found an app last night called Live TV in the Android Market. It is live streaming TV with commercials but the app is free. It has most of the major networks plus some extras like Cartoon Network, Discovery, Disney,TNT, USA and my favorite SyFy. The second tab is dedicated to sports channels, ESPN and such. I played around with it last night on WIFI and 3g and both worked really well. The over all picture size in the screen could be bigger along with the buttons but its free. I watched the entire Stargate SGU premiere last night over 3g and I didnt have one problem the entire show. So for me this is an awsome app (for free) when I am out shopping with my wife. Oh did I forgot to mention it has HBO? Time to buy a HDMI cable for my evo and plug into me TV :)

http://www.appbrain.com/app/live-tv/com.d3fc0n.android.livetv

Oh and did I mention it's free?

Last edited:

saywut

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
Just downloaded it. Working off of 3G right now and............DAMN this APP IS NICE! Watching Blood Diamonds (HBO Movies) now at work! ALL MEETINGS ARE CANCELED

EvilMonkey

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, I've been using it for awhile. It's pretty sweet if you can find streams that work that you're interested in (like I have yet to get Discovery Channel, and Mega Movies and stuff doesn't work).

However, it does make for some nice background stuff while I'm working at the office...I'll typically tune into CNN or something (but even that is inconsistent and frequently gives a 'stream not available' message. But thanks to the above poster, I'm watching Blood Diamond now (which is almost over). Maybe Showgirls will be on next.

I meant to check out the NFL channels (they list 12 of them) on Sunday, but forgot. I wonder if (by some miracle) they have games on them. Not holding my breath though.

Anyways, it will definitely hold me while I wait patiently for the Netflix app. Then my productivity will go from like 10% to about 2%.

Ok, back to watching Blood Diamond. I should probably be working....

EvilMonkey

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
Predators just came on!

Ugh....gotta turn that off since I haven't seen it and am waiting for the Blu-Ray from Netflix.

But if I turn it off, I'd be tempted to work.

I have no idea if this is "Normal" since I haven't seen the movie, but the opening credits (such as "Twentieth Century Fox Presents" and the title "predators" is backwards/mirrored). I am going to assume it's supposed to be that way and they didn't flip the video. Audio is a bit off too...sound doesn't match up to the lips.

Hmmm...to watch on my phone or wait for the Blu-Ray? Grrrrr.....guess I'll wait.

Ooohh....Arachnophobia is on SyFy. That'll work.

Last edited:

stoneworrior

Mar 29, 2010
Visit site
Predators just came on!

Ugh....gotta turn that off since I haven't seen it and am waiting for the Blu-Ray from Netflix.

But if I turn it off, I'd be tempted to work.

I have no idea if this is "Normal" since I haven't seen the movie, but the opening credits (such as "Twentieth Century Fox Presents" and the title "predators" is backwards/mirrored). I am going to assume it's supposed to be that way and they didn't flip the video. Audio is a bit off too...sound doesn't match up to the lips.

Hmmm...to watch on my phone or wait for the Blu-Ray? Grrrrr.....guess I'll wait.

Yeah looks like they have some bugs to work out. If this becomes popular and they work out the kinks it will be great. As far as the netflix app I have been watching The entire Stargate SG1 series on my iTouch. I use my iTouch in the late evening with ear buds so I don't disturb my wife sleeping. That application has ALOT of bugs in it , it crashes often and about 1/3 of the time I get a green screen when I start a show. I then have to close it down and restart it so don't expect the Android version to be much better at launch.

Last edited:

Sabban

Jul 11, 2010
Visit site
no 2.2 yet but that shouldn't prevent me from even being able to see the app listed on the market or appbrain should it?

stoneworrior

Mar 29, 2010
Visit site
Yes it does. If you click the link from your computer you will see it but not from your phone.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

sloan31

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
It's still in the market, I just found it and installed it. It appears to be just a front end to a page like ATDHE.Net

Chiefmcfuz

Jun 28, 2010
www.manhattanreefs.com
It is nice. I have been using it for about a month. Several streams are intermittent but I can usually find something to watch. It does suck battery life so use it with a charger very near by.