Help! GoSMS crashed and blew away all my texts!

Jeth

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
I have been using GoSMS, and love the app. Didn't have any trouble, until one day I hit the send button on a message, and then the app did a force close. When I restarted it, all my messages were gone. Thru the built-in messaging app they are also gone. The application generated a stack trace to send to the developer, which I did. But I haven't heard back from them at all after 3 days.

I looked at the stack trace, and the eror is "The database disk image is malformed". It seems that something got corrupted in my database and now it's unreadable. But the data should still be there, right? Does anyone know how to recover data after this error? I'd really like to get my texts back!

Anybody know anything about this? I am dissapointed that the developer has not responded yet. I would think if the application didn't actually delete the rows, they are still in the DB. Just gotta fix whatever is corrupt so it can be read again. But I have been searching for any info on this and haven't found any solutions that work yet.

Thanks for any help!

ernbrdn

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
I wish I could help you. I find it ironic though that I was using that app for one day and it would not delete any thread I wanted it too. The developer seems good though and I believe he is on these forums so maybe he will chime in soon.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

irish22022

Jul 28, 2010
Visit site
bummer dude. go to xda. under the android apps section, he's always checking that.

he's probably avoiding this though, because the messages are gone. sorry.

Jeth

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
I will try posting under xda. I think this app may be causing other problems, too. Or maybe it's something with my unstable database. My phone has been crashing a lot lately. It seems to be often times when I close the keyboard. I think I will uninstall this app and see if it behaves better. Still wish I could get my texts back, though....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cloudsofmana