Turning phone into a monitor

TexasBowhunter

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
My daughter recently got a HTC Inspire 4g phone and I was wondering if there was an app out there that would allow me to use the phone on occassion as a monitor for a program I would like to monitor when I'm tuning my motorcycle?
thanks
paul

BlackHawkA4

Drop the Bag
Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
Hmm. I remember way back when I had the first iphone they had this program coming out that would plug into your pcm on a car and allow you to run codes and other things. I believe it could tune as well.

Does anyone know what this app was and if its still around, and obviously for us as well?

TexasBowhunter

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Hmm. I remember way back when I had the first iphone they had this program coming out that would plug into your pcm on a car and allow you to run codes and other things. I believe it could tune as well.

Does anyone know what this app was and if its still around, and obviously for us as well?

Blackhawk
Thanks for your response
I'm looking to turn the phone into a monitor since I have the software in my notebook which in turn plugs into the ECM of the bike and monitors the air/fuel ratio and instructs me on making the changes...
I have to maintain for 5 seconds various RPM's at various speeds by watching the tack and speedometer and hope I'm where the changes needs to be monitored where as if I had this monitor sitting on the bars ot dash I could then be assured of exactly where I need to be and hold it there until it shows green and then move on to the next cell...
My tuning process could be fine tuned and hones in no time compared to numerous runs up and down the highway
paul

kenyee

Apr 1, 2010
Visit site
I'm looking to turn the phone into a monitor since I have the software in my notebook which in turn plugs into the ECM of the bike and monitors the air/fuel ratio and instructs me on making the changes

Assuming your laptop and phone are on the same network, look at androidvnc and run a VNC server on your laptop.
Or Wyse pocketcloud if you're running remote desktop on your laptop.

I use a bluetooth OBD reader plugged into my car and run the app Torque on my android phone to read/clear codes and monitor readouts...that's the other alternative but then you'd have to buy the ODB reader...

TexasBowhunter

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
No my notebook and phone are not of the same network
My phone is with A,T&T and notebook is set up for wireless with what is available around the house...

I have the software loaded into the notebook and allow it to run and monitor the engines vitals plugged via an chord attached from the notebook to the ECM...

I'm looking for the opportunity to run a USB/mini cable from the notebook to the phone to keep it all hardwired to get real time readings rather then going thru the WiFi waves...
thanks
paul

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress