Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By HurtsBad
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Is there a ghost finding or evp app that actually works?

Can anyone recommend anything for me? I'm looking to search a few places for paranormal activity.

You might want to clarify what you mean. What, specifically, are you trying to detect? Your device can't detect what it doesn't have sensors for.

Global Posts
    440 Global Posts
    ROM
    Andromadus Mimicry

Of course this would all depend on if ghosts are real, which is up for debate, but we'll assume they are.

For evp a standard voice recorder app should get the job done on any ghostly whispers. There are no"look there's a ghost!" apps that work (other than for ripping you off). But the tricorder app does let you detect magnetic fields if your phone contains that sensor. However a phone isn't the most precise thing in the world.
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    449 Global Posts
    ROM
    boring ol' stock

You have my personal assurance that the Tricorder app works as well as any other app in existence for finding ghosts....
    Palm V-->Palm Vx-->Palm m505-->Garmin iQue3600-->Treo 650-->Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->EVO 4G-->EVO 3D-->Droid Razr Maxx-->Galaxy S4

Quote Originally Posted by The Hooded Claw View Post
    You have my personal assurance that the Tricorder app works as well as any other app in existence for finding ghosts....
    +1 for Tricorder. Found all the ghosts in my house. Now I know where to sit in the living room to avoid sitting on Grandma.

TJH
    Banned

Global Posts
    17,448 Global Posts

"On to the next." -J and Grant

Love that show.

Ghost EVP Analyzer
    Last edited by Chrisy; 05-05-2011 at 05:10 PM.

Global Posts
    160 Global Posts

I wonder why Ghosthunters hasn't made an official app yet? It could have a voice recorder, emf detector, and take pictures. Seems like a no brainer to me.

Quote Originally Posted by JFetch View Post
    I wonder why Ghosthunters hasn't made an official app yet? It could have a voice recorder, emf detector, and take pictures. Seems like a no brainer to me.
    As far as i am aware of, there are no phones in current existance that have the proper sensors to turn it into a EMF detecor. However, they can turn it into a good digital recorder to capture EVPS. That it can do
    Personal: Sprint Galaxy Nexus LTE, Nexus 7 16gb tablet

If i have helped you, please hit the Thanks or Like button below!

Global Posts
    177 Global Posts

So what about the EVO 3D?
    Maybe someone can tweak the 3D camera into capturing images the eye cannot see.
    We'll both get 500mb free on top of 5gig signup bonus and a new Android app is out:
    https://www.sugarsync.com/referral?rf=ewxiovt892qmw

Default Re: Is there a ghost finding or evp app that actually works?

Ok so I've been looking through all the apps myself as it's a pretty cool/creepy subject and I've found an app called EVP analyzer that works great for this kind of thing, it costs about 1.50 but I've had some unusual and amazing results e.g at the flat i've just moved from me and a few friends felt an eerie presence in the hallway so I decided to do a short recording, amazingly a male voice is heard at the end of the recording whispering 'help me,' I analysed the recording further only to hear a child's voice say 'who is it? i have it...hey...' I was a little confused by this so asked on a separate recording what the child meant by 'i have it' and the reply was simply amazing 'your card' which is funny because I'd searched high and low for it with no luck, long story short I cancelled my card only to find it re-appear in my bath tub 2 weeks later! for me this app has been nothing but great and has lots of features to use on your ghost hunts, an easy 5 stars from me.

Default Re: Is there a ghost finding or evp app that actually works?

I've had some great success with the ghost radar app. I pay no attention to the radar for the most part, but if you turn it on and wait about 10 or 15 minutes until it is fully up and running, you stand a great chance at having some communication with the other side. There is a warm up phase that often will spout out words that make no sense at all. And sometimes you will turn it on and get nothing for hours. To me this is a good thing. Getting nothing sometimes let's me know that the app is working properly and not speaking random words. I've been a paranormal investigator for many years and haven't really found another app for Androids that is as user friendly and gets results. (Other than some evp apps) I still prefer my professional equipment over an app any day but you work with what you got available at the moment and that's most always your phone.

PS don't forget to exit the radar when your done using it or it will run continually in the background and scare the crap out of you at night when it all the sudden starts saying things while your sleeping.
    Dorothy71 likes this.