Reset Phone - Lost Apps - What happened?

JayMSY

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
On Friday I had to perform a factory reset thus I lost all my apps that wasn't purchased thru the market. Did I really lose them?? It was my understanding the market remembered what you downloaded. It seems to me it only remembered what I had purchased.

I am trying to remember a certain notepad/task app that had a widget.
The widget allowed me to add notes or whatever text. It would keep it until I told it to delete the entry. It was black and had a + at the bottom of the widget. The + would bring up edit mode to add more notes on the next available line. Anyone happen to know the app I am referring to?

I used the Verizon backup assistant as well as my google account but I am lost on recovering the apps I had installed.

Any help with the app ans recovering the free apps I had installed would be great. I thank you for your help.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
The Market saves apps only if you opt in for the option. It's under Menu > Settings > Privacy > Sync with Google Servers.

Unfortunately there is nothing you can do to restore the apps at this point. :(

Edit: If you are rooted, you can install apps like Titanium Backup or MyBackup Pro to backup app data and restore. If you are not rooted use AppBrain to keep a lists of installed apps for future reference to make re-installing a tad bit easier if you have this problem again.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty