Folder named DROPBOX just appeared!

spthomas

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
This week a folder appeared out of nowhere on my phone. The folder is named Dropbox, and it has 4 of the photos that are in my main camera folder copied into this Dropbox folder. I don't have an application called Dropbox installed. Any ideas?

steveh552

Trusted Member
Mar 6, 2010
Visit site
Dropbox is a cloud bases storage service.

------------------------------------------
Sent from my Motorola Photon using Tapatalk

anon(3653)

Nov 19, 2009
Visit site
What phone do you have? When I had my OG Droid I had it sync with Picasa. When it did an automatic sync it would place the pictures into a dropbox folder (not the app but the same name). Maybe this is what is happening.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

Xopher

Trusted Member
Dec 21, 2010
Visit site
Several apps have DropBox support built into them, from document editors to music players and photo apps. Have you installed any new apps lately?

anon(3653)

Nov 19, 2009
Visit site
This is from the Google help page for Picasa:

"The Drop Box is an online album that serves as a holding pen for several types of quick photo uploads. The Drop Box won't be visible in Picasa Web Albums until you've actually uploaded a photo into it. Once you've uploaded photos to your Drop Box, you can easily move these Drop Box photos to other online albums. Photos can be added to the Drop Box from Picasa, orkut or your mobile phone:"

This is not referring to the app called dropbox, but the drop box folder in Picasa. I am very confident this is what the OP is writing about.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

spthomas

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
That's probably it. On my HTC EVO 4G I couldn't link to Picasa with the default Gallery so ibdownloaded another one and it is linked to Picasa. So I must have done something to cause it to appear with some of my photos in it.

I tried tobdelete the folder but It isn't on the SD card. Why can't I see it? And if there are files not on the sd card how do I see them? Using Astro file manager I can't see a dropbox folder at all.

anon(3653)

Nov 19, 2009
Visit site
The folder is not on the phone, but in your Picasa online storage. It shows up on your device when you look at your gallery because it is linked via the app.

Sent from my Thunderbolt.