Streaming Radio App like Kinoma (palm)...I've googled & googled :(

12smile

May 15, 2010
Visit site
Ok , I have found I heart radio and that does a good job w/ KTLK FM 103 in minnapolis but can't find an app to stream

WWTC 1280 the Patriot AM in minneapolis...Kinoma would do that for the Treo 700p and I had the paid version for $40.

What am I doing wrong here?

There has got to be a radio streaming app that will do this...

Don't tell me Android "doesn't" :)

I've never bought an App in the Market (does that just go on my wireless bill?) but I'll gladly buy the app that "Does" I just don't want to buy 8 apps to get the one I need.

I know of Mobi.com and the radiostreamingcenter etc but nothing happens when I click on the "LISTEN NOW" buttons.

Tuneless in Minneapolis :(

KrispyKrink

Apr 5, 2010
Visit site
StreamFurious & XiiaLive, both offer a free version and paid version. If you know the stream URL, they'll play it, if not don't worry you can search it. I use the paid version of XiiaLive.

Purchasing an app in the market will be billed to your Google Checkout account, if you don't have one you'll be prompted to create one. It's basically Google's version of PayPal. Also, on T-Mobile you have the option of billing your T-Mobile account. Unsure if other carriers offer this as well.

jaihawk

Jun 3, 2010
Visit site
I definitely recommend RadioTime. A lot of times, you can't find the station on the app itself, but if you go to their website and log in, you can search and find stations easily and then you can save them to your presets. You can even set up categories within your presets to help you organize the way you want (something Kinoma didn't allow). I love the app and it's the best $2.99 you'll spend.