How do I turn my phone into a HotSpot?

Dave Alvarado

Feb 14, 2013
Visit site
Hi,

I recently purchased a Kyocera Rise with ANdroid Ice Cream sandwich (Virgin Mobile is the carrier). Anyone know how I can turn my phone into a HotSpot? I downloaded both QuickSettings and Elixir 2 but they do not have the WiFi hotspot option as advertised by several articles online.

I would prefer to do this for free. FoxFi charges after a couple of hours use.

Thanks for your help, - Dave

npark2012

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
Hi,

I recently purchased a Kyocera Rise with ANdroid Ice Cream sandwich (Virgin Mobile is the carrier). Anyone know how I can turn my phone into a HotSpot? I downloaded both QuickSettings and Elixir 2 but they do not have the WiFi hotspot option as advertised by several articles online.

I would prefer to do this for free. FoxFi charges after a couple of hours use.

Thanks for your help, - Dave

Is your phone rooted? Because that is another way to enable it. Either that or pay for the service. Perhaps you can use this: https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...ore/apps/details?id=com.pdanet&token=a6Md0zUM Apparently FoxFi and pdanet+ merged or something. But I think it's a one time charge though, which in that case you should get it. If you had a nexus phone then you wouldn't have to worry about this, just for future reference. Hope that helped.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa