[Review] TweetDeck Beta Launches ? Best Android Twitter App?

R3Z

Oct 12, 2009
Visit site
As you might have heard, TweetDeck has released its Twitter app for Android after what seems to be ages of development, at least for me, as I?ve been dying for this. Twidroyd has long been, at least in functionality, best Twitter app for Android, but TweetDeck hopes to change that by bringing the best Twitter app for PC to Android. Interestingly, its not a direct port of their iPhone app, rather, its been built from the ground to up to showcase the changes that TweetDeck hopes to roll out across its other platforms. I?ve gotta say, its looking great, but not quite there yet. Check out the video for a demo of the great functionality as well as the missing functionality. All in all, though, great job TweetDeck.

TweetDeck Beta for Android Video Demo With Download Link

melwan

Apr 9, 2010
Visit site
At least it remembers where you left off :p

It's very polished and doesn't feel like beta at all.

Kudos to the dev and their PC version is also superb.

sasha

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
I never liked Twidroyd, Twicca is the best Twitter App IMO, but I'm willing to give Tweetdeck a shot.

TootNBerry

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
I never liked Twidroyd, Twicca is the best Twitter App IMO, but I'm willing to give Tweetdeck a shot.
Tweetdeck is cool just wish since this being it has updated twice since release that they had thrown in a landscape mode, but overall its cool. Twicca still wins

BrickAlley

May 16, 2010
Visit site
I absolutely love the way you can pinpoint the text size in Tweetdeck, but some features are just not available. I like the clean look, but for now I'll continue with my current Twitter clients.

I've slowly turned into a Touiteur fan, but I'm convinced there just simply isn't a perfect Twitter app since there is always something missing from every single one of them.

chaosgerbil

Aug 8, 2010
Visit site
I was a big fan of Seesmic but haven't used it since the Tweetdeck beta began. The roll-out of updates is surprisingly quick and it just keeps getting better and better.

Chillout80s

May 21, 2010
Visit site
I installed the initial beta release and found it to be quite nice but still lacking in several features that keep me with Touiteur. I'll install the latest update and see how it goes but Touiteur still rocks it out for me so far.

Hero23

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
Tweetdeck is nice, but still not up to par with twicca yet. Twitlonger and custom retweets keep twicca at top for me. I like the color labels too.

Sent from my HERO200 using Tapatalk

Bushido Brown

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site

I was a "Twidroid" fan back when it was one of only 3 apps available on Android. Not so much now. Tweetdeck has a loooong ways to go to match Twicca in functionality. Don't expect too much.

sasha

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
Only thing I think Twicca is lacking is the ability to make peoples profile pictures enlarge if they fix that I wouldn't need another twitter client for anything!

R3Z

Oct 12, 2009
Visit site
Only thing I think Twicca is lacking is the ability to make peoples profile pictures enlarge if they fix that I wouldn't need another twitter client for anything!

Twicca sure is getting a lot of praise! I tried it a while back but not thoroughly. I'll have to demo it soon!

yanks4life

May 14, 2010
Visit site
Is anyone else having problems with Tweetdeck? I would love to really use it fully, but it doesn't seem to be consistent. First off Facebook updates don't always go in home timeline, I go to manage accounts and sync it then they show up but then after a bit they stop showing up. Notifications don't work consistently either and remember timeline, i think they still got a lot of bug fixes to work out before its fulltime and I leave Touiteur for it!

kicko

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
Is anyone else having problems with Tweetdeck? I would love to really use it fully, but it doesn't seem to be consistent. First off Facebook updates don't always go in home timeline, I go to manage accounts and sync it then they show up but then after a bit they stop showing up. Notifications don't work consistently either and remember timeline, i think they still got a lot of bug fixes to work out before its fulltime and I leave Touiteur for it!

I just wanted to play devils advocate, what would you say if Touiteur added facebook in the timeline? how would tweetdeck fair against that? I was just curious for myself.

Hero23

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
TweetDeck is also missing the "share this tweet" option on long presses. I really like the interface of TweetDeck, so hopefully they are able to roll these features out quickly.

Sent from my HERO200 using Tapatalk

sj808

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
if they just incoporate all the features the desktop version has.... then it prolly would be the best Twitter App for android.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danishpeer