What is the best universal messenger app?

deanver

Aug 24, 2010
Visit site
I'm finding the one that comes pre-installed isn't very user friendly. I can't seem to figure out how to save pics from messages yet.

MarqBland

Oct 13, 2009
www.facebook.com
I love ebuddy...but it is a battery drainer. I also use Trillian but that's a brand new beta and has many things that annoy me. But ebuddy is great.

C01E

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
Handcent seems to be a good replacement, Using it for a day so far and I like how you can customize the chat window, Give it a shot, Its free and in the app market for DL.

PhantomPhreak53

May 15, 2010
Visit site
I use Trillian and eBuddy. eBuddy is more stable but Trillian looks like it will be better once it gets out of Beta. eBuddy you can get from the Market but here is the link for Trillian Trillian for Android.

I have heard of one other called Beejive. I think it's in Beta as well but never tried it.

splmonster

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
Wait...Are you talking about SMS messaging or IM messaging apps? Cause if your talking about the stock messaging app for SMS, then yes you can save pics from it.

PhantomPhreak53

May 15, 2010
Visit site
Oh I didn't read it that way. LOL I thought you were talking about IMs but now that I read it, it does sound like you are talking about SMS. If you are talking about SMS, when you click on the picture the first time, it enters slide show mode. When it is in slide show, click on it again and the bottom right button will save it. If that is not there, then download Save MMS from the Android Market.

Ameeelia.

Sep 4, 2010
Visit site
If we're talking IM, I use eBuddy. I used it on my iPod touch (when I had it, and was into that kind of thing), and so far so good on the Droid. I used another app before that was 293847239847239847 times better than eBuddy, but I forgot the name :(

If we're talking SMS, I found one last night that I really, really like... chompSMS. It's like bubble chat, you can customize colors, notifications, and LED light... pretty snazzy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress