Swype - stop comparing other keyobards to it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jnadelman

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
Am I the only one with this complaint? New keyboards come out all the time, and with each one there is a review. The latest is 8pen. Read the reviews and everyone compares it to Swype. Well, guess what, Swype DOES NOT EXIST.
There is no such keyboard as Swype. Those of us unlucky ones who were not around for the beta or didn't get it stock on the phone don't have swype, can't have swype, and there is no word on if we ever will.
As far as I am concerned, swype does not exist. Don't compare new things to things that no one can get their hands on. What good is telling me that Swype is better if I can't get swype?

Please refer only to real keyboards available on the market.

ls377

Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
Three problems:
A) Just because it's not available on the market, doesn't mean you can't get it. Many devices come with Swype, and if you do enough digging, you can find illegal copies of it (not condoning this, just stating a fact). So yeah, you can still get it.
B) Using this logic, the HTC keyboard and any manufacturer specific keyboard doesn't exist either, and neither does the stock Android keyboard. And if you say these don't count because they "come with the device", well, Swype is on at least 50% of new devices.
C) Just because you don't have Swype, doesn't mean other people don't. Many of them are not sold on the keyboard, and would like to compare it to others.

If you really have a problem with this, then just don't read these threads.

mmarcus

Sep 24, 2010
Visit site
Calm down.

It's a keyboard application. You're arteries aren't going to bleed out for the lack of it.

Nobody should ever compare a bottle of wine to a 1962 Som de Min because I can't get a bottle of it.

Yes, I made that name up. Sounds like wine to me.

Dude, google is your friend. The apk is widely available.

kinster02

Apr 21, 2010
Visit site
No matter how much you complain you will not get anyone to stop comparing other keyboards to swype, so stop wasting your time because only a few will pay any attention to this thread or even care enough about your rant to read it.

Brett

Retired Moderator
Nov 22, 2009
Visit site
complaining about an keyboard comparisons in a section of the forum that was designed specifically towards app discussion is completely off topic. If you do not like comparisons of other keyboards vs. swype, why do you read threads/posts/blogs about it.

I understand that you are not happy about it being done but (and i do not mean this to be rude in anyway) there really isn't much you can do to change it. People are going to write whatever they want to write about and by creating a thread specifically aiming to argue it is not going to change anything about it. Venting is okay but not when you post the thread in a section that is not designated for it.

A) Just because it's not available on the market, doesn't mean you can't get it. Many devices come with Swype, and if you do enough digging, you can find illegal copies of it (not condoning this, just stating a fact). So yeah, you can still get it.

i laughed when i saw this haha. i appreciate you trying to make it clear that discussing ways to get a cracked copy of swype is not allowed in the forum. i saw swype in the title of this thread and in my head i was thinking "ahhh man, i hope nobody posted a swype apk". Thank you guys for following the forum rules. things like this make me realize how much better our forum is compared to all the rest.

on a side note, since this thread does not fall into the intended criteria of this section of the forum i will have to lock it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.