Blurb Checkout? How can this be?

hallux

Q&A Team
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
An app showed in my update list on my Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 (2014) but I NEVER had the app on my device. How can that be allowed to happen? The app is "Blurb Checkout". How is this app an "update" if I don't even have it on my device to begin with? Those that have fallen for it have reported that once it's installed it CAN'T BE REMOVED! Now I have to update each app individually to avoid this installing and wasting space for an app I should never be prompted for in the first place.

I have left a 1-star review, reported the app to Google and sent an email to the developer. They should NOT allow this to happen. I can understand Motorola pushing a new app to enhance the operation of a device but this is an app from a 3rd-party developer that is being FORCED on people as an app "update" that once installed can't be removed!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
From the Google Play app info, it sounds like some Samsung app. Was it preinstalled? It says it's preloaded on the S4, so it's possible it was preloaded on your tablet, and you never knew.

It's bloatware, which has always been one of Samsung's weaknesses. Thankfully, they finally seem to be getting the message with the S6, but older devices are still saddled with all of that stuff.

hallux

Q&A Team
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
It's not in the list of apps. I do see that it's part of some app that allows you to make and buy "books" from Samsung. I'm not sure which of the Samsung apps it is though I have a decent idea. I tried opening the app I think it's associated with and find it's the first time and it's only a shortcut to download and install the app (StoryBook). Apparently, the checkout function has been split from the app for this new update and disabling the StoryBook app doesn't seem to have made the 'update' go away, yet anyway.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non