Did The New 15 Mins Refund Policy Change Your App Buying Experience

Has The 15mis Refund Policy Changed Your Purchase Experience?

• Total voters

solo1

May 31, 2010
Visit site
I was wondering if it was just me or has the App buying experience changed for many using the Android Market. Before the change I would be quick to try a new app and run it through, but I haven't purchased an app since the change. Many apps are worthless and promise well more than they deliver so if they don't have a trial or free version they are pretty much S.O.L. with me. Whats your thoughts?

RUSH

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Maybe just a little. I'm more aware now of any app(s) I'm purchasing. That fifteen minutes seem to move really fast. Lol. (Run forest run.)

illwood

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
It seems like you should have longer than 15 min for some programs. Sure you can probably decide if you want a simple game or wallpaper in 15min, but things like a keyboard or more intense programs should at least have a several hour trial.

sanibel

Sep 16, 2010
Visit site
Explain to me Google guru billionaires how on earth a person can seriously try an app for 15 minutes? It is silly, at best; greed at it's core. And this is from someone who spent quite a bit of money on apps/widgets/games in the past.
My 2 cents.

solo1

May 31, 2010
Visit site
I agree .. I really would like to read some data on how much this has changed the purchasing trend. I am not a developer of apps, but if I had a quality app that wasn't thrown together in a matter of days, then I wouldn't mind having a meaningful trial period. Either that or tell us the REAL reason you limited the refund policy to 15mins.

Runnin_it

May 13, 2010
Visit site
Actually just yesterday I had to refund an app because I didn't have enough time to evaluate it. I later found it has a lite version, but it only has a couple of the features activated, so I STILL don't know if it is worth buying or not.

And since I refunded it, I can't get the full version again without buying it.

BTW, the app is ScaliCommander. It LOOKS like an amazing file manager; but I guess I will never know.

I voted for Red Beans and Rice, though! :)

Since9600

Oct 24, 2010
Visit site
I buy apps sparingly (I bought only 3 last year)... So it has not changed anything for me.. Well Except for that one time I bought Two EA games for 99 pennies each that didn't work... (won't ever happen again).. I would love me some Popeyes though...

bclinger#IM

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
For me to purchase without a decent trial means I have nothing better to do for 15 minutes other than to concentrate on the application of choice. The description has to be good, user experience good, et cetera. Since the new policy, zero purchases have been made.

ShaLea

Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
It has definitely changed my buying experience. If I don't have at least 15min to evaluate the app, I won't buy, or may postpone, my purchase.

solo1

May 31, 2010
Visit site
I use ADW launcher and have been really happy with it, but Recently I have been wanting to try Launcher Pro. There is no way in hell I could possibly set up and experience what LP has to offer within a 15 minute window.

cordoni

Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
I use ADW launcher and have been really happy with it, but Recently I have been wanting to try Launcher Pro. There is no way in hell I could possibly set up and experience what LP has to offer within a 15 minute window.

Launched Pro is free. The plus version is paid, and you do it through paypal. The standard launcher products has all the features except some widgets and the resize widget. Try it out to free.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

solo1

May 31, 2010
Visit site
Launched Pro is free. The plus version is paid, and you do it through paypal. The standard launcher products has all the features except some widgets and the resize widget. Try it out to free.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

Ha Ha :p .. I meant LP Plus .. But I didn't know it was through Paypal ... Another reason why if you make a good well thought out app, you don't have to cheat someone into not returning it.

solo1

May 31, 2010
Visit site
Has anyone come across official numbers of purchased apps in comparison to before and after the new return policy?

solo1

May 31, 2010
Visit site
i wasn't even aware of a change, is that in all markets or specific to carriers ? i would always buy if worth it, because of the 24 hr return...

About a month ago depending on when you received the new Android Market Update .. Google dismantled the 24 hour return policy .. " Android Market's famous 24-hour return policy is no more. You'll have 15 minutes to decide whether you want a piece of software or prefer a refund ". And you only have one shot on the return. If you purchase an app then return it within the 15 min window for a refund, then decide to purchase again your stuck with it. Some say this change was to appease the developers and not having any concerns on the end user's experience.