App to replace keyboard on lock screen?

xhazerdusx

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
I'm looking for an app that let's me replace the keyboard on the unlock screen. My company requires me to put in a numeric password to unlock my phone if its been locked for more than 10 minutes. I like the puzzle unlock that's built into Android, but having to type in the password on the default keyboard is a little annoying. It requires too much accuracy for something that you just want to speed through without much though. (Does that make sense? lol)

What I'd love is an app to let me use the puzzle unlock anytime or use a keyboard similar to the iPhone's lock screen keyboard. (This keyboard is built into Android already. If you change your voicemail phone number, it pops up.) I thought about trying to do something like this with App Inventor, but I don't know if that is possible and I don't want to reinvent the wheel.

I'm using a rooted Samsung Fascinate so I'm still on 2.1. :(

MowDownJoe

Regular lawnmower man...
Feb 14, 2010
Visit site
Umm... if you're Fascinate is rooted, why the hell haven't you flashed a 2.2 ROM yet? Seriously, PIN codes are part of 2.2, so there's really no reason for anyone to make a replacement lock screen that does that.