Where are the good apps?

pmdied

Nov 18, 2009
Visit site
Where is Agendus and Datebk and other robust PIM replacements that actually integrate into the PIM and perform real contact/ calendar integration? Why are there 29 different task,memo,and calendar apps with no contact integration? Palm had it for years and Android seems like a huge step backwards. Is it a Google issue or a developer issue? I would gladly pay $50 for something like Agendus as opposed to $1 for an inadequate app that has no contact integration. At this point I could care less about upgrading my Eris to 2x or even the Google phone if the PIM is this inadequate.
Can someone please explained to me why there are no robust apps out there that cater to the needs or us business users?

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
Can someone please explained to me why there are no robust apps out there that cater to the needs or us business users?

This seems like a developer issue. Send an email to the people who make Agendus, to DeveloperOne (AgendaOne Fusion), and WebIS (Pocket Informant.) Saying that, WebIS said on their support forum that there is an Android version of PI in the works.

Android is younger than iPhone, WM, Palm OS and Blackberry, so it should be understandable that the platform is a bit behind for apps like this.

Just based on the fact that Android is so tightly intertwined with gmail, as opposed to Google Apps for Domains (their enterprise solution), that they seen to be going after consumers first with Android. Maybe they'll follow with a future version that is more tuned to the enterprise market.

TheSultan

Jan 20, 2010
Visit site
There are definitely some great apps for Android. I'm excited about some of the things I've found since coming over from Blackberry (a Treo 650 before the Blackberry years). It sounds like you're looking for some specific things though. Rather than just saying "there's no good apps", what if you asked specifically for an app that does what you want it to?

Unfortunately, I have no experience with calendar/contact integration, so I'm not sure what it would be useful for. But nonetheless, I hope someone makes your app for you.

Koxx

Nov 30, 2009
Visit site
now that Pure calendar and Pure grid calendar are almost finished, I think I'll create a full calendar application.

I'll soon open a thread to collect all user needs and start dev.

I you have a good name for it...
I don't know if I'll keep the 'Pure' start.

pmdied

Nov 18, 2009
Visit site
Androids biggest fault is that nothing other than emails, texts and call history is shown in a contacts' file. There is no ability to create an event from the contact and associate the event to that contact. Agendus allowed its users to associate every activity to the contact. So far there is nothing in the app market like it.

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
now that Pure calendar and Pure grid calendar are almost finished, I think I'll create a full calendar application.

I'm glad you said this. I bought this app a few months back, not realizing it wouldn't work with my corporate calendar. I uninstalled and requested a refund, but reinstalled today, after researching your site, and it does indeed work with corporate calendar now. Bravo!