[app] Active Apps / Task Manager as a replacement for samsung task manager

elnoxvie

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
Hi guys, i would like to introduce Active Apps / Task Manager.
Active apps is designed as a replacement for the Samsung Task Manager / Program monitor in touchwiz launcher that comes with Samsung Android Phone. It monitor an unusual activity that consumes battery or tracking the application that has been put on standby mode. This is important because some application might not be coded properly. Therefore, even though it has been put on standby mode (Pressing Home) they are still running, eating CPU and hence your device's battery. E.q. browser and gallery apps in the Early Galaxy Tab rom even though it's closed or stand by, it's still consuming battery. However, the scenario is not limited to only Samsung Galaxy tab. Generally, it applies to all android phone.

Features:
- Tracking application that has been put on standby and running (I called them Active Apps).
- Easy Switch tasks for Active Application from Main Application or Widget
- Widget to show Number of Active Applications running which may consume CPUs/Battery
- Provide package manager to manage your installed application(Faster than stock Application Manager).*
- Provide views of Ram, Apps that using RAM and free ram function.
- Provide view of Storage both internal SD and external SD, data and database.
- Provide theme capability - More theme coming soon -
- Provide UI Customization. You can mix and match color to find your desire look.
- Provide 1x1, 1x2 Active Application widget and 1x1, 1x2 Active Ram widget with stylish and beautiful pop up style.*
- Provide a flexible customization on many areas of the application and widgets.

Featured on Xda-Developers:*Samsung Active Apps Widget for Android | xda-developers

Here is the benefits of Active Apps in details:

keep tracks of what applications that have been put on standby
As far as I am aware of, there is currently no application in the android market that keeps track of applications that have been put on standby. Keep tracks of what you left of is important. When you put your application on stand by, it's actually running in the background. Most application should stop when on pause but some applications that are not coded properly keep running and consuming CPU and Hence, battery life. Without a tool to keep tracks, those apps can silently kill your battery. This is also part of the reason why sometimes your phone suddenly died or feel warm.

Simplify the task of application management
Since active apps only shows what applications that are running or put on stand by. Users are not cluttered with a lot of applications (In most task managers, it shows all applications residing in memory rather than those that are running which can be easily more than 10 at any time) and since they are running it might possibily consume CPU. Therefore, users can safely close all of them.

Easy Alert
Active Apps come with widget that shows how many applications are running at this time. Thus, users can be alerted any time they are on the home screen.

Customization
Not only is Active Apps packed with functionality, it is also built to tailor to your taste.
Both launcher: main and pop up supports color customization which can mix and match to suit your taste.

Provides two different methods of freeing ram.
Active Apps free ram based on level, it has currently two levels. At level 1, only background applications that are not running will have its ram released.
It is not wise to release ram on apps that are running, it's possible that they are still running thus data might be lost if killed. At level 2, all applications that have tasks running and background applications. This is much brutal free ram methods but it will quarantee that you get the most ram.

Screen Shot
Promo-Apps.png

potraitActiveApps.png

ActiveAppsMain.png

The free version is here.
chart

The paid version can be found here.
Market Links: here

chart

Bolt_of_Thunder

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
Looks good! I like the task manager my girlfriend has on her fascinate and have been wondering if there was something similar I could download for my thunderbolt. Has anyone downloaded and tried this out yet? The reviews for the paid version and free version are all perfect so far.

Oh and what is the difference between the paid and free version besides ads? Thanks!

One more thing, when scanning the free version barcode with google goggles it brings me to a broken link.

elnews

Mar 14, 2011
Visit site
Looks good! I like the task manager my girlfriend has on her fascinate and have been wondering if there was something similar I could download for my thunderbolt. Has anyone downloaded and tried this out yet? The reviews for the paid version and free version are all perfect so far.

Oh and what is the difference between the paid and free version besides ads? Thanks!

One more thing, when scanning the free version barcode with google goggles it brings me to a broken link.

The difference is:
- paid version has color customization for both pop up and Main app UI customization. (if you noticed the color is different between some of the app) and there is a pop up style similar to simi folder which you don't need to leave your home screen to end your tasks.
- Paid has a pop up launcher for both Active Apps and Active Ram
- Paid has a super user kill ( a superior kill to normal kill). Not for normal use though
- No ads

You can download the free version and try it out. Thanks for letting me know that the link is broken. :)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cloudsofmana