Shazam

Eollie

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Ive seen some of you are using Shazam. I picked up the Encore version when it was the app of the day. So far its been pretty awesome. Only problem is I cant get the widget to work properly. Im using go launcher ex and when I install the widget it says problem loading widget. I also have the hard coded app to sd function. Not sure if thats the problem but all my other apps that use widgets seem to work fine.

Etegral

Mar 28, 2011
Visit site
I got it when it was the free app on the Amazon appstore as well, and the widget isn't working for me either. Sounds like it's a problem with the version from Amazon?

justinaz#AC

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
Mine works fine from the Amazon Store

Always remember ... Widgets wont work if you move the app to SD card ;)

Move it back to the phone then remove the widget and re-add it just in case.

denshigomi

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
If the mount point is linked to the SD card, then the phone thinks it's running on the phone's internal memory. Try killing GO Launcher EX and see it the widget works when it restarts.

Menu > Settings > Applications > Manage Applications > Running > GO Launcher EX > Force stop

JerryScript

Daydream Believer
Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
Rather than using the widget, I would suggest you download the free "Shazam Tag Shortcut" available in the market. It allows you to start tagging instantly rather than waiting for the entire Shazam interface to load up. Great if you are catching the end of a song and don't have time to wait for the entire program to load.

Shazam Tag Shortcut in the Android Market

Eollie

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
If the mount point is linked to the SD card, then the phone thinks it's running on the phone's internal memory. Try killing GO Launcher EX and see it the widget works when it restarts.

Menu > Settings > Applications > Manage Applications > Running > GO Launcher EX > Force stop
Just so you know, force stopping a app htat is set to be used as default will merely restart it most of the time.

Menu > Settings > Applications > Manage Applications > Running > GO Launcher EX>remove from default does what you want.

Still the same. According to Titanium Backup and the native app manager its on internal memory. Ive uninstalled it and reinstalled it atleast 3 times. Still no dice.

Rather than using the widget, I would suggest you download the free "Shazam Tag Shortcut" available in the market. It allows you to start tagging instantly rather than waiting for the entire Shazam interface to load up. Great if you are catching the end of a song and don't have time to wait for the entire program to load.

Shazam Tag Shortcut in the Android Market
Ill give this a try. Thanks!

denshigomi

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
Just so you know, force stopping a app htat is set to be used as default will merely restart it most of the time.

Menu > Settings > Applications > Manage Applications > Running > GO Launcher EX>remove from default does what you want.
I know it will restart. That was the whole point. Changing the Launch by default setting wouldn't accomplish anything.
...Try killing GO Launcher EX and see it the widget works when it restarts...
^ See, restart.

If that doesn't work, remove the widget and add it again.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa