Reputable sites

grayfox99

Jul 30, 2010
Visit site
Hi I was just wondering if any knows if Androidzoom is a reputable site to download some apps from. there are a couple apps that used to be on the marketplace that aren't anymore that are over at androidzoom.com and I wanted to go get them, but i'm hesitant because i've never used any source for apps other than the market. I just got a new phone and want those apps back, and this is the only place I can seem to find them.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Appbrain and Getjar are good alternatives. Never heard of the one you posted. Also, Amazon has an app marketplace now.. not sure if you'll find the app there.

FreudSlipped

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
I've visited AndroidZoom but haven't downloaded anything via their site.

I do know that some 3rd party search sites (like Androidzoom) will list apps that were available at one time but, they aren't in the market anymore.

DenverRalphy

Retired Network Mod
May 11, 2010
Visit site
I may be mistaken, but I'm pretty sure AndroidZoom is the same kind of site as AppBrain. While they're not an actual separate markets (like many seem to think), they're just a portal to the actual Android Market itself. The difference in search results being that AppBrain and Zoom search all apps without filtering your device/OS version. Usually, if the market filters out your device or OS version and the optional portals don't, then the app from the portal has a lesser chance of being compatible with your device.